• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Dead girl's rent 'must be paid'"

Collapse

• KathyWoolfe
    replied
    Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    its
    Thank you

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    Anyway, to steal a post from another thread, why shouldn't the dead girl pay her rent? Some people are thieving communists!

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by KathyWoolfe View Post
    I can't fault it for it's style.
    its

Leave a comment:

• KathyWoolfe
    replied
    Originally posted by TazMaN View Post
    Good point, but it is a marvellous work of fictional literature all the same.

I can't fault it for it's style.

Leave a comment:

• ChimpMaster
    replied
    Worship is a separate thing altogether.

The Bible is written by who?
    Christians, that's who.
    Are they going to ascribe bad or evil acts to their God, no they're not.

The object of the Bible is not as an objective record of events taking place (though this is what the Bible is represented as) but as a piece of propaganda designed to persuade people that the God it represents is worthy of "worship".
    Good point, but it is a marvellous work of fictional literature all the same.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Originally posted by HRH View Post
    'The Self Pity City' is the most awful place in Britain. FACT
    The city itself is starting to look good, shame it's full of bin dippers.

Notice that most scousers under 30 have to talk like they are clearing phlegm from their mouths? Older scousers don't talk like that

Leave a comment:

• KathyWoolfe
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    No. But you sure as heck don't need to worship them pretending they are good. If you check Bible the God is supposed to be a good thing, but if the only acts of God in this world are bad, then clearly this is a big contradiction. This would mean that there is no God as supposedly Godly acts are not inline with what the religion says - hence, there is no God. And even if it is then such cruelty in my view should create rejection of this God.

Worship is a separate thing altogether.

The Bible is written by who?
    Christians, that's who.
    Are they going to ascribe bad or evil acts to their God, no they're not.

The object of the Bible is not as an objective record of events taking place (though this is what the Bible is represented as) but as a piece of propaganda designed to persuade people that the God it represents is worthy of "worship".

Leave a comment:

• Dow Jones
    replied
    Bottom of the class (again)

No. But you sure as heck don't need to worship them pretending they are good. If you check Bible the God is supposed to be a good thing, but if the only acts of God in this world are bad, then clearly this is a big contradiction. This would mean that there is no God as supposedly Godly acts are not inline with what the religion says - hence, there is no God. And even if it is then such cruelty in my view should create rejection of this God.
    Didn't you claim you had good marks for Religion in your so-called 'diploma'? Or was it Marxist-Leninist propaganda?

Leave a comment:

• KathyWoolfe
    replied
    Originally posted by Diver View Post
    Knowing something, is diametrically opposed to believing something without adequate evidence/proof

I agree.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    So if I consider anyone's acts to be suitably bad I can just deny that the person making them doesn't exist?

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    I don't. That's got nothing to do with belief though!
    Knowing something, is diametrically opposed to believing something without adequate evidence/proof
    Last edited by Diver; 28 March 2008, 15:24.

Leave a comment:

• KathyWoolfe
    replied
    Originally posted by Diver View Post
    How do you know?
    I don't. That's got nothing to do with belief though!

Leave a comment:

• KathyWoolfe
    replied
    If the God is so cruel that his only known acts are so bad, then why the heck anyone would want to believe in it? That's another reason to reject its existance.
    So if I consider anyone's acts to be suitably bad I can just deny that the person making them doesn't exist?

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    My son asked his RE teacher that if god exists, who made god. Who were his (or her) parents? She just ignored him, but I thought it was quite a good question for a 10 year old.

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Surely if any act (good OR bad) is known to be an "Act of God" then God must exist?

And why should these really bad acts not be the result of human ignorance and imperfection?
    How do you know?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X