• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dead girl's rent 'must be paid'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My son asked his RE teacher that if god exists, who made god. Who were his (or her) parents? She just ignored him, but I thought it was quite a good question for a 10 year old.
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      If the God is so cruel that his only known acts are so bad, then why the heck anyone would want to believe in it? That's another reason to reject its existance.
      So if I consider anyone's acts to be suitably bad I can just deny that the person making them doesn't exist?
      It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
        How do you know?
        I don't. That's got nothing to do with belief though!

Comment

Originally posted by KathyWoolfe View Post
          I don't. That's got nothing to do with belief though!
          Knowing something, is diametrically opposed to believing something without adequate evidence/proof
          Last edited by Diver; 28 March 2008, 15:24.
          Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

So if I consider anyone's acts to be suitably bad I can just deny that the person making them doesn't exist?
            No. But you sure as heck don't need to worship them pretending they are good. If you check Bible the God is supposed to be a good thing, but if the only acts of God in this world are bad, then clearly this is a big contradiction. This would mean that there is no God as supposedly Godly acts are not inline with what the religion says - hence, there is no God. And even if it is then such cruelty in my view should create rejection of this God.

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
              Knowing something, is diametrically opposed to believing something without adequate evidence/proof

I agree.

Comment

Bottom of the class (again)

No. But you sure as heck don't need to worship them pretending they are good. If you check Bible the God is supposed to be a good thing, but if the only acts of God in this world are bad, then clearly this is a big contradiction. This would mean that there is no God as supposedly Godly acts are not inline with what the religion says - hence, there is no God. And even if it is then such cruelty in my view should create rejection of this God.
                Didn't you claim you had good marks for Religion in your so-called 'diploma'? Or was it Marxist-Leninist propaganda?

Comment

Worship is a separate thing altogether.

The Bible is written by who?
                  Christians, that's who.
                  Are they going to ascribe bad or evil acts to their God, no they're not.

The object of the Bible is not as an objective record of events taking place (though this is what the Bible is represented as) but as a piece of propaganda designed to persuade people that the God it represents is worthy of "worship".

Comment

Originally posted by HRH View Post
                    'The Self Pity City' is the most awful place in Britain. FACT
                    The city itself is starting to look good, shame it's full of bin dippers.

Notice that most scousers under 30 have to talk like they are clearing phlegm from their mouths? Older scousers don't talk like that
                    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Worship is a separate thing altogether.

The Bible is written by who?
                      Christians, that's who.
                      Are they going to ascribe bad or evil acts to their God, no they're not.

The object of the Bible is not as an objective record of events taking place (though this is what the Bible is represented as) but as a piece of propaganda designed to persuade people that the God it represents is worthy of "worship".
                      Good point, but it is a marvellous work of fictional literature all the same.

Comment

Working...
                      X