• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "The really very interesting thread ..."

Collapse

• Diver
    replied
    If you fart consistently for 6 years and 9 months, enough gas is produced to create the energy of an atomic bomb.

Leave a comment:

• BrowneIssue
    replied
    Originally posted by Diver View Post
    Can I have my pills back BI
    They are a tad too strong for you methinks
    It's not eh pills. It's the lack of sleep.

I got told a programme board had been brought forward so I've produced a Project Mandate, Brief, Approach, Plan, Next Stage Plan, Risk Log and so on in 2 days.

The project sponsor is off on a jolly, but wants to review them.

So I stayed late to fax them to the bod's hotel. Then Security threw me off site.

Then I got a text at 21:40 "Just back from dinner. Only got first 19 pages of the 38. Please send again."

On top of that I've been getting about 3 or 4 hours a night in this here Chavelodge.

Sorry, this isn't TPD, is it?

Something interesting...

If you unfolded and laid out the delicate membranes from inside a dog's nose, the membranes would be larger than the dog itself.

And the internal surface area of your lungs is bigger than a tennis court.

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
    Oh, Diver. You've left yourself wide open with this one.

"I have a burning limb as I syphoned petrol from my motor to my chainsaw while both had the engine running."

"I have a burning sensation as I run my hand through this chainsaw."

"I have a desire to burn."

and so on.

Oops, sorry, I'm off topic.

Errm. Something interesting.

I can see bunny rabbits from my office window.
    Can I have my pills back BI
    They are a tad too strong for you methinks

Leave a comment:

• BrowneIssue
    replied
    Originally posted by Diver View Post
    I have a burning desire Not to run naked through Tesco's
    Oh, Diver. You've left yourself wide open with this one.

"I have a burning limb as I syphoned petrol from my motor to my chainsaw while both had the engine running."

"I have a burning sensation as I run my hand through this chainsaw."

"I have a desire to burn."

and so on.

Oops, sorry, I'm off topic.

Errm. Something interesting.

I can see bunny rabbits from my office window.

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    I have a burning desire Not to run naked through Tesco's

Leave a comment:

• max
    replied
    Originally posted by moorfield View Post
    A peanut is not a nut. It is a legume.
    Two nuts walking down the road....one was assaulted

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    There are more atoms in a grain of sand than there are grains of sand in the sahara desert.
    There as many stars in the universe as there are atoms in a grain of sand.

This is very very interesting for two reasons. How big the universe is, and how small an atom is.

Just as amazing, I reckon, is that there are at least as many stars in the visible Universe as grains of sand in all the world's beaches and deserts.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Some of you guys don't half exaggerate. Why not stick to the facts, like Marina with her spiders? I read that somewhere too, although it was more like only 20,000.

Leave a comment:

• BrowneIssue
    replied
    71,000 km of steel wire were used in the construction of the Humber Bridge.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    That sounds like complete bol***ks to me? Black population in USA must be around 40 million tops I would have thought. Nigeria alone has over a 130 million people.

Unless I am missing something completely ? ?
    Sorry, I meant fat people, not black people.

Leave a comment:

• PRC1964
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    It's raining where I am at the mo.

HTH
    Do you have a waterproof PC or are you dicing with death?

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    It's raining where I am at the mo.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    There are Kangaroos living near Gatwick (http://www.uksafari.com/wallabies.htm) and 3,000 Parrots wild in Surrey (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/3869815.stm).

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    There are more black people in the USA than the whole continent of Africa.
    That sounds like complete bol***ks to me? Black population in USA must be around 40 million tops I would have thought. Nigeria alone has over a 130 million people.

Unless I am missing something completely ? ?

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    Lots of interesting stuff in tpd. Here is a personal favourite from today:

Originally posted by Katie View Post
    I work in the countryside. My BF works in London. We stay at his because he doesn't liek to get up in the morning and drive and get on the train as when I get up I drop him at the station and then go off to work in my car.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X