• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "If you were going to die how would you like to go?"

Collapse

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by SandyDown View Post
    heh, you know what, now I always feel sorry for the person who is going to find me dead i.e. the nurse if I was in the hospital, the policeman if I died on the road or who ever just because I know the paperwork they have to got through is such a pain in the a$$ , not to mention the funeral arrangements stuff ....... horrible to feel that your death is such a burden on others.
    without that they would be out of a job!

as someone pointed out, we will all die sometime. unlike tpd.

Leave a comment:

• SandyDown
    replied
    heh, you know what, now I always feel sorry for the person who is going to find me dead i.e. the nurse if I was in the hospital, the policeman if I died on the road or who ever just because I know the paperwork they have to got through is such a pain in the a$$ , not to mention the funeral arrangements stuff ....... horrible to feel that your death is such a burden on others.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Travelling at an unfeasible fraction of the speed of light, orbiting the solar system at an unfeasible orbital radius to stay at a comfy 1g, so I can see how things turn out on planet Earthy. I would hate missing the end. Interest in the bank would compound nicely too.

Leave a comment:

• SandyDown
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I guess they get used to it? While my ex was in hospital talking to consultant a nurse came in. "excuse me someone just expired next door - anything you can do". consultant walked out, then back in 30 seconds later. "nothing I could do for her"! then just carried on as if nothing had happened!

I suppose they could not di their job otherwise - but it just seems odd.

Well back during my nursing days, we’d know who is about to ‘expire’ , and we’d always pray they don’t ‘expire’ during our shift, the paper work for anyone who expires is horrendous not a joke at all, if they did during a shift the nurse has to stay at the hospital till all paper work is done and signed, its OK to expire at the start of the shift, but it’s really tough $hit if they decide to expire in the last 30 or 20 minutes before the end of the shift.

You know, I remember this little girl who had a brain tumour, she was all bouncy and happy going around hugging everyone in the hospital… lovely little girl, one day I came to the hospital and she wasn’t there, so I assumed they transferred her to the children cancer hospital (they were planning to do this) – few weeks after somehow I mentioned her to another nurse on the shift, and she looked shocked, and told me the girl wasn’t transferred she suddenly ‘Expired’ - dunno, but after all these years (around 20 years) I still remember that girl’s face and how she used to go round hugging everyone on the ward!!

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by SandyDown View Post
    Heh, when I first started working at the hospital, I was shocked to hear other nurses and doctors referred to patients who died as 'Expired' you know as if they were a food item that passed their sell by date - expired and they need to be disposed off !!
    I guess they get used to it? While my ex was in hospital talking to consultant a nurse came in. "excuse me someone just expired next door - anything you can do". consultant walked out, then back in 30 seconds later. "nothing I could do for her"! then just carried on as if nothing had happened!

I suppose they could not di their job otherwise - but it just seems odd.

Leave a comment:

• SandyDown
    replied
    Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
    The ultimate life betrayal for me would be if I started referring to death as "passed away" or "passed on" urrghhhh
    Heh, when I first started working at the hospital, I was shocked to hear other nurses and doctors referred to patients who died as 'Expired' you know as if they were a food item that passed their sell by date - expired and they need to be disposed off !!

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    The ultimate life betrayal for me would be if I started referring to death as "passed away" or "passed on" urrghhhh
    Last edited by Peoplesoft bloke; 2 February 2008, 19:20. Reason: spelling

Leave a comment:

• SandyDown
    replied
    A few weeks ago I had news of someone I knew who passed away while on a skiing trip - didn't know her very well, but I thought at least she died while she was doing something fun... suddenly I panicked and was thinking what if I die while sitting at my desk? That would be the ultimate life betrayal

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Like Major T J "King" Kong, riding a 100 megaton hydrogen bomb dropped over Brussels
    So you dont want to kill anyone interesting then?

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Like Major T J "King" Kong, riding a 100 megaton hydrogen bomb dropped over Brussels
    Last edited by OwlHoot; 2 February 2008, 17:56.

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    The whole having to repent of every single thing is just balderdash anyway..

Yeah just have them write an apology on your gravestone begging for forgiveness, along with "and I've got 10 million in a swiss bank account, details below", just to see if they're desperate enough to exume you.

Don't forget the "only joking" note in your back pocket, for one final laugh.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by realityhack View Post
    Repent on the way down.
    Job done.
    (Invoice is in the post)
    The whole having to repent of every single thing is just balderdash anyway..

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    If you were going to die how would you like to go?

Peacefully of course

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Aged 85, with a nose full of Columbian marching powder, banging the end off some skanky arsed trunter.
    Wouldn't you fancy doing something different for once on your last day on Earth?

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Aged 85, with a nose full of Columbian marching powder, banging the end off some skanky arsed trunter.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X