• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

If you were going to die how would you like to go?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    PAH, Are you Rimmer? Do you often wonder if there's another more sucessful you, in another universe?

Smoke me a kipper...

No, but when you think about how even the smallest decision can change the course of your life, it's mind blowing for a goldfish like me.
    Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
    Feist - I Feel It All
    Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by KathyWoolfe View Post
      wouldn't you be depressed if you knew that this is the most successful you'll ever be?
      Depends how you quantify success. I certainly think I've peaked, but it's easier going downhill.

I like the parable about the fisherman being talked into expanding his business, all so he can retire back to where he started. Stops me trying too hard. Quality of life is all that matters. The tricky part is sustaining it over many years.
      Feist - I Feel It All

Comment

Either die in my sleep or with all my family around me. When my gdad past over all the close family were there with him by his bed side, it was a very emontional moment but we all wanted to be with him
        Last edited by Bumfluff; 1 February 2008, 15:18.

Comment

Well, in your sleep has to be the easiest option. But I always thought diving off a skyscraper or out of a plane would be awesome... like if you were in terminal stages of some incurable disease.

Basically I'm not bothered about dying, I just don't want to die painfully. After that, I get to go to Heaven anyway. Oh, hmm. As a Christian it's a bit unusual to talk about suicide I guess. Although it's only the catholics who seem to buy into that junk about suicide stopping you getting into heaven.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            But I always thought diving off a skyscarper or out of a plane would be awesome...

Oh, hmm. As a Christian it's a bit unusual to talk about suicide I guess.
            Repent on the way down.
            Job done.
            (Invoice is in the post)

Comment

I think that dying on your own, no matter what the cause, is a terrible way to go.......
              It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

Originally posted by Sausage Surprise View Post
                That doesn't even rhyme
                It's a poem, not a limerick.

Comment

I wonder what the stats are for how people die in this country.

What are the odds of it being in our sleep as opposed to a heart attack or other form where pain will be present for a noticable amount of time?
                  Feist - I Feel It All

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    Personally I would like to be having s*x with Kylie Minogue - then just as I get the vinegar strokes an Elephant sits on my a**e.
                    I would like to have just completed my largest invoice ever
                    "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Originally posted by KathyWoolfe View Post
                      wouldn't you be depressed if you knew that this is the most successful you'll ever be?
                      Depends on how you measure success

Comment

Working...
                      X