• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "How do you stop grandparents from spoiling your children?"

Collapse

• r0bly0ns
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    You wicked person, leading your children into believing in an imaginary being.
    You mean Ruprect isn't real?

Leave a comment:

• Ruprect
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    lol - tell that to all the religious parents out there

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
    ... and that that should come from us/santa....

Leave a comment:

• Ruprect
    replied
    Some excellent suggestions. WDMIG - I like the brochure idea.

Dude - I'll be getting them presents myself - its just my belief that the children should only get one sack of presents, and that that should come from us/santa. Last year it was literally a sack of presents from each granny, making that 3 sacks of presents each. That is OTT IMO, and hence the thread. That's why most of them will be staying at granny's house (or going on ebay )

Leave a comment:

• dude69
    replied
    what a misery.... My kids will be getting loads of toys, that's because I'm a loaded contractor and I can.

That doesn't make them spoiled.

Oh no! Little Johnny has been given a football for Christmas, quick burst it and then send it back.

Leave a comment:

• KathyWoolfe
    replied
    Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis.
    congratulations on a perfect signature

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    Originally posted by KathyWoolfe View Post
    I didn't mean it as a criticism...
    no no, just responding to a point well made

Leave a comment:

• KathyWoolfe
    replied
    Originally posted by chef View Post
    is that better?

I didn't mean it as a criticism...

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Have you considered reportng the grandparents as kiddie fiddlers?

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    Why thank you. I think it's a counter-balance to the Pro-Vermin Party.

Leave a comment:

• Alf W
    replied
    Win-Win solution.

Let the grandparents spoil them rotten and then eBay the lot soon afterwards apart from the best stuff. kids soon forget absent toys.

Leave a comment:

• where did my id go?
    replied
    You willofcourse havewith you dring your visit a selection of brochures from the worst retirement homes possible.

Throw in some Dr Kvorken (or however its spelled) literature. Or that Swiss place?

Leave in a prominent position. Drop in off hand comments. Maybe take a tape measure and jot down room sizes 'Just saving the agent some time'

For Xmas I want a new keyboard- thisoneisfecked

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Any spoiling of children is easily reversed, just unspoil them yourself afterwards. For every pound you feel your grandparents overspent on presents simply lock them in the coal cellar for an hour or strike them on the heads once with a coke hammer.

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Right I'm orf.

Babysitting the Granddaughters tonight.

and unashamedly spoiling them

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    Loving the avatar, BGG!
    seconded.. great avatar BGG