• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: "Time"

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on ""Time""

Collapse

• scooterscot
    replied
    Time - simply put time is the observation of change, ask yourself would time exist if no one was around to observe it?

It's kind of like how do you know the fridge light really does go out when you close the door? It's impossible to know for sure.

Leave a comment:

• Chantho
    replied
    Time - He flexes like a whore Falls w@nking to the floor His trick is you and me, boy

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by TazMaN View Post
    Time does not exist. It is an intangible creation of man's mind to comprehend the order of events in our universe. Event occur in a linear mechanism and hence we see things unfolding as if in a logical order, one after another, and so we believe that "time" is passing by. "Time" has been created by man to facilitate our understanding of how the universe chooses to decide the flow of these events.

In other universes, events occur in no particular order - events can be here, now, or there, then, or somewhere way back when. There is no logical order of flow and so there is no "time". For us, with our limited linear concept of "time", this is chaotic and incomprehensible. But there, everything is in the now, in the present - "time" is spatial and not dependent on an orderly unfolding of events.
    I've just wasted £2000 on a Rolex

Leave a comment:

• Moose423956
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Yes, a football the size of the entire universe.
    That's a BIG football. Imagine trying to head that!

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Stick with 11. The maths is better.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    Space is natures way of making sure it doesnt all happen to you.
    Why go to all the trouble of having three space dimensions when two would do?

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by TazMaN View Post
    The relatively huge distance within and between atoms is what makes the universe so big. If the distance between electrons, neutrons etc were brought down to a minimum, the entire universe would be the the size of a football.
    Yes, a football the size of the entire universe.

Leave a comment:

• ChimpMaster
    replied
    The relatively huge distance within and between atoms is what makes the universe so big. If the distance between electrons, neutrons etc were brought down to a minimum, the entire universe would be the the size of a football.

Leave a comment:

• Moose423956
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    I do okay with x and y, but lately I've been feeling that z is all in the mind.
    I know who x is, but who are y and z?

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    How newtonian you both are.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Time is nature’s way of preventing everything happening at once…

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Time doesn't exist, much like space also doesn't.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    You are Moose and I claim my free MSN messenger download.

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    I do okay with x and y, but lately I've been feeling that z is all in the mind.
    You are Moose and I claim my free MSN messenger download.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    ...is on my mind.

Gentlemen.

to go home.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X