• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Giant and HMRC

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Giant and HMRC"

Collapse

• xoggoth
    replied
    Did that for some ed software that never saw the light of day. (got into bugs n stuff instead) The others sent Malvolia a letter supposedly from whasername that she loved him and would surely drop her draws if she saw him resplendent in yellow tights with red ribbons. He duly turns up so attired and she has him arrested. There was a ring in it somewhere and er um think she marries the other bloke er

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    You're a syllable short on the last line (unless you are dragging the "so" out to two syllables)

Fixed

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    If contracts be the food of love, work on;
    Let me invoice of it, that, surfeiting,
    The taxman may sicken, and so die.
    You're a syllable short on the last line (unless you are dragging the "so" out to two syllables)

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    If contracts be the food of love, work on;
    Let me invoice of it, that, surfeiting,
    The taxingman may sicken, and so die.
    Last edited by Pondlife; 11 December 2007, 11:00. Reason: See Faqqer

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by v8gaz View Post
    Yep, that sounds like our Mal!
    "Forsooth thou must ensure you read the guide
    Or IR35 inside you may
    Be deemed by Hector and the PCG
    Will help you fight your case and save you cash"

- Malvolio, IR35th Night, Act 1, Scene 1

Leave a comment:

• v8gaz
    replied
    generally quite pompous, a bit bitter and is normally in disagreement with everyone else
    Yep, that sounds like our Mal!

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by malvolio View Post
    But he missed the reason for Malvolio being "cross-gartered in yellow"
    Now I feel like I have to ask....but please be aware that I really do not care

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
    Thanks faqqer - that saved me Pondlife's learning linky

Shakespear(s) is a pub in Newcastle.
    But he missed the reason for Malvolio being "cross-gartered in yellow"

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    Olivia is the head of the house in Twelfth Night, after the death of her brother and father. Courted by Orsino, whe isn't interested, as she is mourning the death of her brother.

Malvolio is her steward - generally quite pompous, a bit bitter and is normally in disagreement with everyone else who works for Olivia.

Something like that, IIRC.
    Thanks faqqer - that saved me Pondlife's learning linky

Shakespear(s) is a pub in Newcastle.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Slightly off topic...but who is Olivia, Malvolio?
    Olivia is the head of the house in Twelfth Night, after the death of her brother and father. Courted by Orsino, whe isn't interested, as she is mourning the death of her brother.

Malvolio is her steward - generally quite pompous, a bit bitter and is normally in disagreement with everyone else who works for Olivia.

Something like that, IIRC.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twelfth_Night

Leave a comment:

• Jill Wilson
    replied
    Its far from an advert, it is a transcript from a telephone conversation, one that I am sure Giant would not wish to be made public.

Jill

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by malvolio View Post
    If you have to sign up it's not an advert so the Advertising Standards Agency can't prosecute them for blatant misleading advertising. Subtle, isn't it?

However, local Trading Standards can, so if you feel like sticking one on Giant, make a complaint through them.

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    Originally posted by TazMaN View Post
    Oh look you have to sign up to read an article. Hmmmmm I wonder what's going on here...
    If you have to sign up it's not an advert so the Advertising Standards Agency can't prosecute them for blatant misleading advertising. Subtle, isn't it?

However, local Trading Standards can, so if you feel like sticking one on Giant, make a complaint through them.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Bluebird quoted it yesterday here - there are some comments about it too.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X