• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: BT queue length

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "BT queue length"

Collapse

• vetran
    replied
    Ah BT - Best contract ever, turn up at ten, beer at 11, office at 2, home at 5.

Then on call - call out at 10, quick look, ring vendor go to sleep, vendor rings back at 1am its their problem will update me. Couple more calls and paid for sleeping double bubble. Yet they knew we rocked because it all worked, even gave us wads of unsolicited cash for it as a supplier award.

Then the idiots outsourced to the Indian rover boys and enjoyed the kind of support users can only scream about. Apparently they were cheaper?

I went off to pauper an ISP and a couple of Hardware manufacturers before turning to the Dark side!

It's coming home now people are realising customers actually buy on service. Mumblers in Mumbai aren't normally up to snuff.

Leave a comment:

• Newbie000
    replied
    You still holding?

Once held on for Virgin (grrr) for nearly an hour and then had enough.

Leave a comment:

• OrangeHopper
    replied
    Hey, stop it you lot. I just saw a shadow pass over the top of the crack I'm happily snuggled down in.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by vhadiant View Post
    Hang up ... I gave up.
    That'll teach em

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by vhadiant View Post
    Hang up ... I gave up.
    Lightweight.

Leave a comment:

• vhadiant
    replied
    Hang up ... I gave up.

Leave a comment:

• vhadiant
    replied
    1.5 hour ... I think I'll just give up

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Was that a Markov q?

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    They can stick their call centre where they like (literally).

However, please don't expect me to call a premium rate number to talk to a foreigner where I have to ask them to repeat what they are saying a dozen times, because their english is not up to scratch.
    Fair comment, but your globalisation jibes dont stand up.

Leave a comment:

• adulion
    replied
    bt's call center is based here in northern ireland and india.. outsorced to a company called hcl... google it

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    I love hypocrites like you. Many thousands of IT contractors have earned vast fortunes to create the technology that enables companies to operate their businesses wherever they like.

And then they start whingeing when companies start taking advantage of that technology.

DP there is a whole world out there where technology is not an industry for propeller heads to indulge themselves, but where it is actually used to practical effect.

They can stick their call centre where they like (literally).

However, please don't expect me to call a premium rate number to talk to a foreigner where I have to ask them to repeat what they are saying a dozen times, because their english is not up to scratch.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    At least you are not calling Virgin Media's support number.

The call goes to India and it is a premium rate number, so even the most trivial of support calls cost you £££££

But that's Globalisation. It's great!
    I love hypocrites like you. Many thousands of IT contractors have earned vast fortunes to create the technology that enables companies to operate their businesses wherever they like.

And then they start whingeing when companies start taking advantage of that technology.

DP there is a whole world out there where technology is not an industry for propeller heads to indulge themselves, but where it is actually used to practical effect.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    My last gig was with BT. Wasn't that bad at all. Ok rate, worked from home most of the time and very little pressure to get anything done. If you wanted a quiet life you could easily find a crack to fall down and hide yourself away in the system for years.

I suspect that there are a fair few contractors in there doing just that.
    The perfect contract, only staying there because everyones forgotten you're still working for them

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    If a contract working at/for BT ever comes up. One word of advice. Don't.

HTH
    My last gig was with BT. Wasn't that bad at all. Ok rate, worked from home most of the time and very little pressure to get anything done. If you wanted a quiet life you could easily find a crack to fall down and hide yourself away in the system for years.

I suspect that there are a fair few contractors in there doing just that.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
    Ring on a 'sales' related call and you get through a lot quicker and then get them to forward you to the area you want. Saying that the chances of the person you get through to actually helping you is very minimal. After a week or two of frustration I posted on a BBC Watchdog ( google it ) related web page and they rang me back that night and sort of got things sorted. I had also rung Ofcom and they were on the case. The levels of incompetence at BT are staggering but that's private enterprise for you with a bit of outsourcing thrown in for good measure.
    If a contract working at/for BT ever comes up. One word of advice. Don't.

HTH

Leave a comment:

Working...
X