• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BT queue length

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    My last gig was with BT. Wasn't that bad at all. Ok rate, worked from home most of the time and very little pressure to get anything done. If you wanted a quiet life you could easily find a crack to fall down and hide yourself away in the system for years.

I suspect that there are a fair few contractors in there doing just that.
    The perfect contract, only staying there because everyones forgotten you're still working for them
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      At least you are not calling Virgin Media's support number.

The call goes to India and it is a premium rate number, so even the most trivial of support calls cost you £££££

But that's Globalisation. It's great!
      I love hypocrites like you. Many thousands of IT contractors have earned vast fortunes to create the technology that enables companies to operate their businesses wherever they like.

And then they start whingeing when companies start taking advantage of that technology.

DP there is a whole world out there where technology is not an industry for propeller heads to indulge themselves, but where it is actually used to practical effect.
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
        I love hypocrites like you. Many thousands of IT contractors have earned vast fortunes to create the technology that enables companies to operate their businesses wherever they like.

And then they start whingeing when companies start taking advantage of that technology.

DP there is a whole world out there where technology is not an industry for propeller heads to indulge themselves, but where it is actually used to practical effect.

They can stick their call centre where they like (literally).

However, please don't expect me to call a premium rate number to talk to a foreigner where I have to ask them to repeat what they are saying a dozen times, because their english is not up to scratch.

Comment

bt's call center is based here in northern ireland and india.. outsorced to a company called hcl... google it

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            They can stick their call centre where they like (literally).

However, please don't expect me to call a premium rate number to talk to a foreigner where I have to ask them to repeat what they are saying a dozen times, because their english is not up to scratch.
            Fair comment, but your globalisation jibes dont stand up.
            Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Was that a Markov q?
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

1.5 hour ... I think I'll just give up

Comment

Hang up ... I gave up.

Comment

Originally posted by vhadiant View Post
                    Hang up ... I gave up.
                    Lightweight.

Comment

Originally posted by vhadiant View Post
                      Hang up ... I gave up.
                      That'll teach em

Comment

Working...
                      X