• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "A proper British company"

Collapse

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    it also helps that he got planning permission for all those barns, that wouldn't happen everywhere, there would for sure be some nimby wanting to scupper the company's chances for growth and employing more because the barns would spoil their view ala Dyson

Milan.

The place is out in the wilds in the middle of nowhere in Lincolnshire, there's no other bugger for miles around him to complain

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Perhaps he donates all the profits to New Labour to help them fight a war with Iraq, Afghanistan and soon Iran.

This way a lot more Landrovers will be needed.
    No, the Toyota Hilux is their road weapon of choice... hmmm I've got an idea... trouble is they never break down.

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    it also helps that he got planning permission for all those barns, that wouldn't happen everywhere, there would for sure be some nimby wanting to scupper the company's chances for growth and employing more because the barns would spoil their view ala Dyson

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Perhaps he donates all the profits to New Labour to help them fight a war with Iraq, Afghanistan and soon Iran.

This way a lot more Landrovers will be needed.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Did he forget to add "...to other people"?
    Perhaps he pays himself a realistic salary and doesn't depend on dividends.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    I am the only shareholder. I have no dividends to pay
    Did he forget to add "...to other people"?

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by _V_ View Post
    Indeed it does make one proud. An uplifting story on a pretty lousy morning.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    And not a f****** agent in sight
    I am sure I saw one lurking in the background with a handful of CVs of Kosovan mechanics

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    And not a f****** agent in sight

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by _V_ View Post
    And not a f****** computer in sight

Leave a comment:

• _V_
    started a topic A proper British company