• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "New rude word filter"

Collapse

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    Eh? Wierd... What was it before?
    hint: carpping was something else

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    Just realised that my location has been changed!
    Eh? Wierd... What was it before?

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Just realised that my location has been changed!

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Well.

I think I've had enough.

flip the filter.

Bye...

Come back, ZG!!!

I don't for one second think you are being serious.

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Well.

I think I've had enough.

flip the filter.

Bye...

SHirley you don't mean you are leaving, never to post again?

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Flowering hell. I've created a monster.

So did DBA_Munchkin get a permieban then (again)? Plus a couple of slapped wrists for some others?

Still, funny to read though.

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    DBA_Bloke for good and Faqqer and Money for a week. I came close apparently.
    Oops!!!

I guess we'll be playing "guess the newbie" for a while then

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post

Bravo Admins - this has been a very funny thread.

And yes, we need the firm hand. I certainly do, cause I just cant talk without swearing sometimes - especially when bagpuss is on the board!

So it's noddy's all round for me (and I wrote "noddy" myself for the first time). I feel I'm growing as a person

Who got banned properly though?
    DBA_Bloke for good and Faqqer and Money for a week. I came close apparently.

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied

Bravo Admins - this has been a very funny thread.

And yes, we need the firm hand. I certainly do, cause I just cant talk without swearing sometimes - especially when bagpuss is on the board!

So it's noddy's all round for me (and I wrote "noddy" myself for the first time). I feel I'm growing as a person

Who got banned properly though?

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Have you seen how many posts admin edited? Earned his money yesterday.

** He missed one that was in a quote I had used so I have edited it out myself today.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    I have to admit that the post was not a DaveB original but a blatantly ripped off version of a Monty Python classic on the use of the word ****. I'd post a link but it contains the word **** in the url and that gets blanked as well.

http://www.sigg3.net/myself/fu*k.html and edit as obvious.
    It reminds me of the Rory won for the most gratuitous use of the word flip in a serious screenplay.

Leave a comment:

• shelby68
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    Seems to be going a bit crazy

scunthorpe, attitude

quality

If you'd ever been to Scunthorpe you'd know why its a swearword....

Leave a comment:

• administrator
    replied
    Leave it out!

Cheers for testing out the string replacement - some fantastic results and gave us all a good laugh this afternoon. Been way too busy to clear up your mess until now but a couple of short-term and one complete ban later it looks like sense has almost been restored...

I think you should all get the point now, there are Terms and Conditions on the site stating all members should refrain from swearing and, as well as having a laugh with string replacement, we would like to remind all users who have escaped a ban that you need to refrain from bad language on the board.

I am surprised at the dullards out there who could not get past the filter but those that did, and left the swearing in place, now have some time on the bench to consider their actions and the effect is has on others.

In all seriousness, we do not want the board to descend in the social networking / dating board as one of our regular posters suggested so please keep it clean and confine your smut (still no swearing though) to light relief.

Thanks again for the laugh, done me the power of good.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Dave: You missed the famous uses of the word flip.

Where is all this flipping water coming from: Captain of the petalanic. <aaaarrrrggggghhhh titanic>
    What the flip was that bang : Mayor of Hiroshima

etc.
    I have to admit that the post was not a DaveB original but a blatantly ripped off version of a Monty Python classic on the use of the word ****. I'd post a link but it contains the word **** in the url and that gets blanked as well.

http://www.sigg3.net/myself/fu*k.html and edit as obvious.

Leave a comment:

• DBA_bloke
    replied
    Dave: You missed the famous uses of the word flip.

Where is all this flipping water coming from: Captain of the petalanic. <aaaarrrrggggghhhh titanic>
    What the flip was that bang : Mayor of Hiroshima

etc.
    Any flipping idiot can understand that - Einstein
    Flipping PC flipping World - Garry Glitter

Leave a comment:

Working...
X