• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Hedgehog rescue...

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Hedgehog rescue..."

Collapse

• xoggoth
    replied
    Seem more common in towns. Or maybe just easier to spot.

Anyway z, saving a NICE little hedgehog, you can't be all bad. Shoot horrid people, save little animals.

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    "considering you rarely see one"

Bolloxs - you're not looking in the right places. I've seen loads of them while driving about - 2d ones are much more common than the 3d ones though. 2d ones seem very brave. You can prod them with a stick or kick them and they don't do anything. Not tried that with the 3d ones - bacause they are too rare.

Leave a comment:

• zeitghost
    replied
    I've reconsidered.

I appear to have caught the rescuing stricken Hedgehogs in the cold disease.

Which has not pleased me.

I don't mind being rough in the week, but I do mind being rough over the weekend... and better(?) ready for Monday.
    Ho hum.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    Yes.... I now know The FaQQer was winding me up..... and there's me thinking that he really cared. Zeity, get him!!!
    Sometimes, it's just too easy.

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Yes.... I now know The FaQQer was winding me up..... and there's me thinking that he really cared. Zeity, get him!!!

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    Ooh - which channel?
    LIGAS
    Sorry, it was BBC 1 the one show.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    There are hedgehogs on the tv..... really cute!!
    Ooh - which channel?

LIGAS

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    There are hedgehogs on the tv..... really cute!!

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Maybe. But they won't crap in your house - and they love milk, it is fun to watch them

Leave a comment:

• MrRobin
    replied
    No, don't give them milk! They are lactose intollerant and it will give them diarrhoea. Put some cat or dog food down in a shallow dish.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Yes well done - hedgehogs are good creatures, next time try giving them milk - they love it

Leave a comment:

• chasingtheaurora
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    For some strange reason reading that word has cheered me up.

I think it should be used more often.
    Snuffling snuffling snuffling ...

Leave a comment:

• ChimpMaster
    replied
    Well done Zeity... that was a good thing you did.

Leave a comment:

• _V_
    replied
    I found my neighbours pit bull eating a hedgehog alive, blood all over it's face crunching through the thing, innards everywhere.

I'm glad they moved away recently.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by Muttley08 View Post
    Well done anyway...I'm sure it was worthwhile when he toddled off.

And yes - they make a lot of noise - you can normally hear them snuffling about on a summer's night, finding food - make a real racket.

If you see him about again - or in the daylight - it might be a sign he's unwell. They recommend if it happens, weigh them, and if they're too light, they won't have enough food to hibernate - so you can feed em up a bit.
    For some strange reason reading that word has cheered me up.

I think it should be used more often.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X