• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: None Marrieds only

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "None Marrieds only"

Collapse

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by chef View Post
    it was friday, i was tired.
    Friday

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    Originally posted by DBA_bloke View Post
    With partner / at it like bunnies, but marraige? ooo not yet

Divorced, not looking, their all scum
    it was friday, i was tired.

Leave a comment:

• Sockpuppet
    replied
    Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
    Oh, by the way...that lass who was quizzing you...she fancies you. HTH
    I hope not. She's married to my best mate.

Oh dear (tm)

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll View Post
    [*]Don't need 5 star accomodation
    It's not a need, it's a matter of being able to afford to. Sane people only camp under canvas because they've not got the money for a hotel.

Leave a comment:

• DBA_bloke
    replied
    Originally posted by chef View Post
    well seings as "they" have their marraige thread..

emboldened

So lets find out what the state of CUK is in for the rest of us..
    With partner / at it like bunnies, but marraige? ooo not yet

Divorced, not looking, their all scum

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    I always wanted to travel the world when I was younger. Now, I want to travel the world first class. As you say - once they're out of the house...
    FWIW I did travel the world when I was young, and didn't settle down (and get into computing) until late twenties.
    In my opinion this way around is preferable because:
    • You travel 'light' when young
    • Opportunities come up and you are free to take them
    • Don't need 5 star accomodation
    • When you finally settle down you know there is nothing better over the next hill- makes for forming more stable long-term relationships
    • It actually gives you a better perspective on the relevance of work during your 'core years'

But the one thing I learned is that travel is not all it's cracked up to be - over riding impression is a world full of people pretty much doing the same kind of stuff - raising families, paying the bills, dreams and aspirations for their kids etc.
    Exactly what is going on here

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    I was married at 21. First kid arrived when I was 22. My 3 kids will (yeah yeah) be financially independent in about 10 years. I won't even by 50 by then. That's when me and the missus are going to tour the world. 1st class, 5 star.
    I always wanted to travel the world when I was younger. Now, I want to travel the world first class. As you say - once they're out of the house...

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
    You are WAY too young to be in a serious relationship anyway. Stay single until you're well into your 30's lad.
    I was married at 21. First kid arrived when I was 22. My 3 kids will (yeah yeah) be financially independent in about 10 years. I won't even by 50 by then. That's when me and the missus are going to tour the world. 1st class, 5 star.

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post

... Until I have accepted that all the cool tulip in my life is over I'm going to stay foot loose and fancy free. I'm only 24....
    The cool tulip doesn't have to finish once you're with somebody!!!

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
    I'm only 24.
    SP - this is the only information that matters honey. You are WAY too young to be in a serious relationship anyway. Stay single until you're well into your 30's lad.

And never feel like you have to justify why you're single - you sound like you've got your head well and truly screwed on right!

Oh, by the way...that lass who was quizzing you...she fancies you. HTH

Leave a comment:

• Sockpuppet
    replied
    Had an "deep" conversation with one of my girl mates last night. Ok, I was drunk and she thought she could get me to admit stuff...wasnt that drunk...women.

Anyway it turned round to why I didn't have a girl yet all my mates did. Does the phrase "not interested" carry any weight these days. Probably not.

No that doesn't mean that I don't "like" women. I love a good mattress wrestle as much as the next person but dont agree with societies you must have be in a relationship or you are a failure.

Someone once told me that "Marriage is just an acceptance that your life is what it is and isnt going to change"

I went into contracting for a life style change - I dont want a perm work or be at the same place for 20 years. If I get bored/want a change I just hand in the notice and move.

Planning to take a month off at the end of the year to go to Australia then next year I am on the offer of 6 month harvest work in America. Rubbish money but I get to visit 48 of the American states over a 6 month period staying with the same crew.

In this I don't see room for a girl. Until I have accepted that all the cool tulip in my life is over I'm going to stay foot loose and fancy free. I'm only 24. The bloke I am working with is 41 and just had a kid 1 year ago.

Kinda proves that I am not in a rush to do anything.

Leave a comment:

• Alf W
    replied
    I'm reminded of the old Private Eye euphemism.

"Strange how he never married"

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    Well the present Mrs B and I have 3 failed marriages between us. We've been together 6 years now and no signs of it going wrong. The difference this time? We aren't married and don't ever intend to be. Maybe I'm cynical but as far as we are concerned marriage isn't all it's cracked up to be.
    Which implies that marriage isn't just a piece of paper. What is the difference then? What is it about marriage that screws up an otherwise perfect relationship?

Leave a comment:

• miffy
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Then I met a women who I fell totally in love with and got engaged to; she turned out to be a complete loon, who one day upped and left me for an old friend of hers, whom she married.
    You had a narrow escape there, you really should thank your lucky stars it worked out that way!

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Availability: Immediate.

I've been lucky enough to have had several long-term relationships with intelligent, attractive and, rarest of all, completely sane women, each of which ended amicably when we both felt that it had run its natural course. None of these women were interested in marriage, being of a generation that regarded it as "just a piece of paper".

Then I met a women who I fell totally in love with and got engaged to; she turned out to be a complete loon, who one day upped and left me for an old friend of hers, whom she married.

Her previous husband had topped himself after she left him (admittedly, years of drug and alcohol abuse was a factor); maybe that should have been more of a warning sign to me.

Ah well, still willing to give it a go; maybe the next time it'll work out right

Leave a comment:

Working...
X