• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

None Marrieds only

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post

... Until I have accepted that all the cool tulip in my life is over I'm going to stay foot loose and fancy free. I'm only 24....
    The cool tulip doesn't have to finish once you're with somebody!!!
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
      You are WAY too young to be in a serious relationship anyway. Stay single until you're well into your 30's lad.
      I was married at 21. First kid arrived when I was 22. My 3 kids will (yeah yeah) be financially independent in about 10 years. I won't even by 50 by then. That's when me and the missus are going to tour the world. 1st class, 5 star.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        I was married at 21. First kid arrived when I was 22. My 3 kids will (yeah yeah) be financially independent in about 10 years. I won't even by 50 by then. That's when me and the missus are going to tour the world. 1st class, 5 star.
        I always wanted to travel the world when I was younger. Now, I want to travel the world first class. As you say - once they're out of the house...
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
          I always wanted to travel the world when I was younger. Now, I want to travel the world first class. As you say - once they're out of the house...
          FWIW I did travel the world when I was young, and didn't settle down (and get into computing) until late twenties.
          In my opinion this way around is preferable because:
          • You travel 'light' when young
          • Opportunities come up and you are free to take them
          • Don't need 5 star accomodation
          • When you finally settle down you know there is nothing better over the next hill- makes for forming more stable long-term relationships
          • It actually gives you a better perspective on the relevance of work during your 'core years'

But the one thing I learned is that travel is not all it's cracked up to be - over riding impression is a world full of people pretty much doing the same kind of stuff - raising families, paying the bills, dreams and aspirations for their kids etc.
          Exactly what is going on here
          How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
            well seings as "they" have their marraige thread..

emboldened

So lets find out what the state of CUK is in for the rest of us..
            With partner / at it like bunnies, but marraige? ooo not yet

Divorced, not looking, their all scum

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
              [*]Don't need 5 star accomodation
              It's not a need, it's a matter of being able to afford to. Sane people only camp under canvas because they've not got the money for a hotel.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
                Oh, by the way...that lass who was quizzing you...she fancies you. HTH
                I hope not. She's married to my best mate.

Oh dear (tm)

Comment

Originally posted by DBA_bloke View Post
                  With partner / at it like bunnies, but marraige? ooo not yet

Divorced, not looking, their all scum
                  it was friday, i was tired.
                  The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
                    it was friday, i was tired.
                    Friday
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014