• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Next?

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Next?"

Collapse

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Or do you merely follow the teachings of the watchtower?
    Oh no, I'm agnostic.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by Sysman View Post
    Where's the option for the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster?

Bang up to date this lot, they address Global Warming, which as far I know, none of the others do.
    Hmm...

I don't see that idea going down very well here:

doomed... boomed... oh dear™... oh hang on, we're just constructing meaningless arguments based on idle speculation...

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Where's the option for the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster?

Bang up to date this lot, they address Global Warming, which as far I know, none of the others do.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    I think you're confusing Catholocism with Christianity.

You can be a follower of Christ without believing he's God.
    I think you're confused. The vast majority of protestant theology also states that Jesus is god.

If you follow Christ, then you follow his teachings. He taught that he is god. You can say then, that written texts are corrupted. If you believe that, then it is impossible to say you follow his teachings, because how do you know what is teachings are? Or do you just select the teachings you like and follow those?

Or do you merely follow the teachings of the watchtower?

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
    Juche isn't a religion.
    But I've voted for it anyway. It would be interesting to see Sandy form a military-first mass economic self-sufficient community.
    Technically no, but this puts it well,

Its promoters describe Juche as simply a secular, ethical philosophy and not a religion. But, from a sociological viewpoint Juche is clearly a religion, and in many ways is even more overtly religious than Soviet-era Communism or Chinese Maoism.

And yes it would!

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Also considered a sect/cult/heresy and not part of Christianity. As are the Unitarianists. To say these people are Christian, and there's nothing to stop you, is akin to saying "Well you can be a Muslim, but you don't have to believe the 'there is no god apart from God, and Muhammad is the Messenger of God.'.".
    I think you're confusing Catholocism with Christianity.

You can be a follower of Christ without believing he's God.

Leave a comment:

• SandyDown
    replied

Thanks everyone, am very flattered to get all this attention...

New experiment coming soon, watch this space

Leave a comment:

• thunderlizard
    replied
    Juche isn't a religion.
    But I've voted for it anyway. It would be interesting to see Sandy form a military-first mass economic self-sufficient community.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Jehovah's Witnesses are one Christian group that currently does not accept the divinity of Jesus.
    Also considered a sect/cult/heresy and not part of Christianity. As are the Unitarianists. To say these people are Christian, and there's nothing to stop you, is akin to saying "Well you can be a Muslim, but you don't have to believe the 'there is no god apart from God, and Muhammad is the Messenger of God.'.".

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    No it isn't. They don't believe Jesus is God. Or rather they believe he realised his godhood as all mormons have. Sounds kind of newagey, hindu to me.

Apparently, when super senior Mormons (silent second m) go to temple to be initiated, they find it's just the same as freemasonry.
    so this is all bollocks then?

http://www.mormonbeliefs.org/

Leave a comment:

• Bear
    replied
    Originally posted by Lucy View Post
    Confucianism.
    Confusedism

Leave a comment:

• Lucy
    replied
    Confucianism.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    No it isn't. They don't believe Jesus is God. Or rather they believe he realised his godhood as all mormons have. Sounds kind of newagey, hindu to me.

Apparently, when super senior Mormons (silent second m) go to temple to be initiated, they find it's just the same as freemasonry.
    Not all Christians (either historically or currently) believe that Jesus is God. In the 4th Century, Jesus as God vs. Jesus as created by God was a debate that raged between Christians. The former group won. Jehovah's Witnesses are one Christian group that currently does not accept the divinity of Jesus.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    That's what I heard. This pisses off so many of them, expecting some great spiritual revelation, that they continue being Mor(m)ons for the social and family aspects.

Leave a comment:

• Dark Black
    replied
    Level pegging...

...between the pagans and the fire worshipers.

Go pagans!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X