• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Seems HMRC can make a U-turn.."

Collapse

• Zigenare
    replied
    Originally posted by brightondeveloper View Post

Definitely construction. The demographic that got the tories brexit... of course they're going to look ouot for them
    The tories didn't want Brexit, it was the majority of the UK populace that did and the tories latched on to the possibility of leaving the EU as a means of winning the GE at the time.

And yes, they lied.

Hth.

Leave a comment:

• Halo Jones
    replied
    Originally posted by brightondeveloper View Post

Definitely construction. The demographic that got the tories brexit... of course they're going to look ouot for them

As with anything Brexit related, its a bit more nuanced than that; mostly the guys on the tools were likely to vote leave with generally the managerial side voting remain. From what I saw anyway.

Leave a comment:

• brightondeveloper
    replied
    Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post

I think construction bods use more than farmers!
    looking out of my window I can see 11 in the car park & only 6 are muddy from being on site!

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post

looking out of my window I can see 11 in the car park & only 6 are muddy from being on site!
    plenty round here doing driveways & on site.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

"You say it best, when you say nothing at all"

Karaoke gold
    do like a bit of Ronan!

Leave a comment:

• Halo Jones
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    Now I’m not cynical but the biggest group of people using these vehicles is farmers and look where Rishi is today - speaking at the national farmers union conference https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics...lny-rees-mogg/

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by codedbypaul View Post

There must be a lot of farmers living in central Edinburgh then.
    Yes, that's right. You cannot be a member of the NFU if you don't have a permanent residence in Edinburgh.

This is how all national and international conferences work, they are only open to people who live in the host city.

Leave a comment:

• codedbypaul
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    Now I’m not cynical but the biggest group of people using these vehicles is farmers and look where Rishi is today - speaking at the national farmers union conference https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics...lny-rees-mogg/
    There must be a lot of farmers living in central Edinburgh then.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Rishi does best when he doesn't speak to anyone.
    "You say it best, when you say nothing at all"

Karaoke gold

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Rishi does best when he doesn't speak to anyone.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied

Leave a comment:

• 56samba
    started a topic Seems HMRC can make a U-turn..

Seems HMRC can make a U-turn..

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/362347/government-major-u-turn-pick-truck-tax-changes

New rules that would have seen company car benefit-in-kind tax charges applied to double-cab pick-ups have been scrapped by HMRC a week after them being announced.

The shambolic U-turn follows HMRC’s decision to update guidance on double-cab pick-up trucks following a Court of Appeal judgement in 2020. Just last week, the Treasury announced that from 1 July this year double-cab pick-ups would no longer be taxed as goods vehicles, but would instead be classed as cars for the purposes of calculating capital allowances and benefit-in-kind (BiK) liabilities for drivers. The measure was supposed to close a perceived ‘loophole’, as the current good vehicle classification allows employees and company directors to benefit from private mileage in company-owned pick-up trucks while avoiding thousands of pounds of company car benefit-in-kind’ tax.

Working...
X