• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "You know the saying: Every cloud....is grey and p's on you"

Collapse

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Infinity bananas to you, but here's one to be going on with...

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Gibbon
    replied
    Originally posted by David71 View Post

Hope anyone reading this who is going through the same nightmare themselves forgives me a banana or two but I feel like I've just deflated a giant stress balloon for the first time in many months.

Great news, are you drunk yet (and I don't mean that bulltulip about life) and pictures of the aftermath please! Oh and a big welcome to the 6 month club! long may you stay in it!

Leave a comment:

• NigelJK
    replied
    Well done. It'll take a while to get back to normal from 6 months Chemo.

Be very cautious about going to public places, even shopping etc. Catching a cold, or worse Flu, at this point would be very bad news. After my Wife's first session of Chemo we were visited by her sister. She had contracted a cold on the journey up and managed to give to my wife. She had 6 days in ITU, with me having to wear the full body suit to visit.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    It deserves more than a banana - it deserves

The Fabulous Banana Marching Band

........ ........

. . . . . . . .

.. .. .. .. .. .. .. ..
    .. .. .. .. .. .. .. ..

. . . . .. . . . .
    . . . . .. . . . .
    . . . . .. . . . .
    . . . . .. . . . .
    . . . . .. . . . .

.. .. .. .. .... .. .. .. ..

Fantastic news!

(borrowed from FAQQER - whatever happened to him....)

Leave a comment:

• Halo Jones
    replied
    Yep, you are definitely allowed a banana

Leave a comment:

• David71
    replied
    Update. Just had my oncologists appointment / treatment results.....
    1. DON'T Got cancer
    2. Having some 'issues' with the local constabulary
    3. Wrote my car (and someone else's!) off last Friday
    4. I live in Wales
    Turns out I’m one of ‘the few’ with oesophageal cancer where the treatment was (as far as can be said) completely effective.

Got 6 monthly scans for the next how-ever many years to catch any recurrence early (might happen, might not - hopefully not!) but for the moment have been given the ‘all clear’ 😊.

Hope anyone reading this who is going through the same nightmare themselves forgives me a banana or two but I feel like I've just deflated a giant stress balloon for the first time in many months.

And thanks for all the kind words and support; I don't want to come across as a soppy numpty, but it does mean a lot when you feel like tulip.

Leave a comment:

• Gibbon
    replied

(1) Find out the treatment results next Wednesday; haven't had a drink since treatment started on 1st March - Wednesday it's going to be celebration or sorrow drowning down the pub either way!

(3) One 'silver lining', I now qualify for the 'mobility scheme' so have ordered a new car through them

(2) Police have accepted I can have my guns back after they took them off me due to (1) but now say I can't have them as a family member has MH issues (which the police have known about for 4 years!)
    Fingers crossed for you and hope you get happy drunk, that's a long old stint on chemo.

Leave a comment:

• David71
    replied
    Originally posted by Gibbon View Post

Congrats on the extension, how is the current chemo going (think a few months ago you mentioned you were starting a new run)?

However none of that excuses 2,3,&4. Stop Branding sheep and all that will go away!
    (1) Find out the treatment results next Wednesday; haven't had a drink since treatment started on 1st March - Wednesday it's going to be celebration or sorrow drowning down the pub either way!

(3) One 'silver lining', I now qualify for the 'mobility scheme' so have ordered a new car through them

(2) Police have accepted I can have my guns back after they took them off me due to (1) but now say I can't have them as a family member has MH issues (which the police have known about for 4 years!)

Leave a comment:

• Gibbon
    replied
    1. Got cancer
    2. Having some 'issues' with the local constabulary
    3. Wrote my car (and someone else's!) off last Friday
    4. I live in Wales
    Congrats on the extension, how is the current chemo going (think a few months ago you mentioned you were starting a new run)?

However none of that excuses 2,3,&4. Stop Branding sheep and all that will go away!

Leave a comment:

• saptastic
    replied
    Sorry to hear No.1 - hope you are ok

well done on the extension

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    sorry to hear number 1 & 2 good luck.

3 - bent tin?all fixable hopefully
    4 - congrats

note NLyUK charges a premium for watersports