• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Labour rows back on workers’ rights to blunt Tory ‘anti-business’ claims"

Collapse

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Protagoras View Post

... a tory tribute act.
    "The New Blues" available in a pub near you!

Leave a comment:

• wattaj
    replied
    Originally posted by malvolio View Post

I disagree. As is often the case, follow the money. Labour two main sponsors appear to be the unions and Just Stop Oil. Says a lot about their motivations. Ignore Starmer's announcements, he changes too often to be seen as a credible source of anything.
    I agree with your disagreement.

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    Originally posted by wattaj View Post

Those days are long gone. Labour is now the party of Conservative-light with a sprinkling of social justice thrown into the mix. An appalling cocktail if you ask me.
    I disagree. As is often the case, follow the money. Labour two main sponsors appear to be the unions and Just Stop Oil. Says a lot about their motivations. Ignore Starmer's announcements, he changes too often to be seen as a credible source of anything.

Leave a comment:

• Protagoras
    replied
    Originally posted by wattaj View Post

Those days are long gone. Labour is now the party of Conservative-light with a sprinkling of social justice thrown into the mix. An appalling cocktail if you ask me.
    ... a tory tribute act.
    Last edited by Protagoras; 18 August 2023, 13:12.

Leave a comment:

• wattaj
    replied
    Originally posted by Protagoras View Post
    [URL]Once upon a time Labour was a party that supported working people - it's very creation comes from this.
    Last edited by wattaj; 18 August 2023, 13:04. Reason: Poor speillng.

Leave a comment:

• sadkingbilly
    replied
    right on brother. - power to the peep-el!

Leave a comment:

• Labour rows back on workers’ rights to blunt Tory ‘anti-business’ claims

https://www.ft.com/content/30a8a3f1-...8-7b7de05470f4

Once upon a time Labour was a party that supported working people - it's very creation comes from this.

Workers' rights have been hard won over a century, it's nothing to be ashamed of, and it's not anti-business to have policies that support workers in the face of corporate attitudes.

We need government that works for the people, not big business and the would be feudal lords.

Working...
X