• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "WORLD CUP 2022 CONTRACTOR UK SWEEPSTAKE - enter now to win!!"

Collapse

• clearedforlanding
    replied
    Hello CUKkers!

I come to you today with a message of outrage and sorrow, as I have learned of the many social injustices occurring in the wondrous land of Qatar. Specifically, in the construction of the stadiums for the 2022 World Cup - an event that should be a celebration of sportsmanship and unity, but has instead been marred by exploitation and abuse.

As IT contractors, it is our duty to speak out against these injustices and to advocate for the rights and well-being of those affected. And this includes calling out individuals who profit from these injustices, no matter how small their role may seem.

Which brings me to ATW - one of our own, who supplies kebab meat to the promoters of the World Cup. While providing food for the event may seem like a small and insignificant task, it is important to remember that every action and every decision has an impact. And by choosing to do business with the promoters of the World Cup, ATW is contributing to an system that exploits and abuses migrant workers.

But fear not, dear CUKkers! We have COJAK, the deity of justice, on our side. Let us stand together and demand better for the migrant workers of Qatar. ATW, I implore you to do the right thing and sever your ties with the promoters of the World Cup. Together, we can make a difference and bring about a brighter future for all.

And to our fellow contractor, Swellen, please accept my heartfelt condolences for any difficulties you may be facing following loosing the sweepstake and being closet French. It is important that we support one another in times of need, and I am here for you if you need anything. Thank you.

And a special thank you to saptastic for organizing this contest and bringing attention to these important issues.

-From the office of CFL, by ChatGPT.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Thanks for organising saptastic - a good end to the year.

Leave a comment:

• saptastic
    replied
    Originally posted by saptastic View Post
    Very good effort AtW - so near yet so far........

But the FINAL line up is

clearedforlanding V SueEllen
    be amazing for SueEllen to do a french double.

may the best contractor win !!

​​​​

​​​​​​​CONGRATULATIONS clearedforlanding

A tense final and you have won the Contractor UK Official (as ATW entered) sweepstake

This must be a big moment in your career

Your winners cheque will be sent to you and you now have the power to ban five people in 2023.

***TROPHY LIFT***

Well done and big congratulations. You have worked hard for this.

Leave a comment:

• GregRickshaw
    replied
    Is it to late to enter? If not can I have Argentina please if they have been taken I'll have Belgium.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Should have been Morocco

Leave a comment:

• clearedforlanding
    replied

Please wait for my upcoming winner's speech/lecture; due shortly.

SueEllen

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    clearedforlanding

Unfortunately I think it is a case of sports washing though it didn't work for Russia and due to bribery of EU officials likely won't work for Qatar.

Leave a comment:

• clearedforlanding
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    clearedforlanding Bonne chance!
    Thank you and the same to you.

I am looking forward to getting on my protest Savon de Marseille block and lecturing everyone about how badly Qatar abuses immigrant workers; It's going to be Messi.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    We was robbed

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Fingers crossed for third place!

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Fingers crossed for third place!

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Said the wall looking at the road.

Don't think it's her first to be honest.

Leave a comment:

• DealorNoDeal
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post

The amazing part is the same person getting same team twice in a row, which if I am not mistaken got probability of -

(1/32)*(1/32)=0.0009765625
    Wouldn't be amazing if FIFA were organising it.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by saptastic View Post
    Very good effort AtW
    be amazing for SueEllen to do a french double.
    The amazing part is the same person getting same team twice in a row, which if I am not mistaken got probability of -

(1/32)*(1/32)=0.0009765625

saptastic fancies SueEllen me thinking

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X