• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Brum the capital of untaxed cars"

Collapse

• _V_
    replied
    Originally posted by saptastic View Post

They sit there they are no working vans

And yes reported.
    Seems odd you say none of the vans work, but they all have valid MOTs ?

Leave a comment:

• saptastic
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post

If you need 12 you must have a fair bit of work. Do they actually come and go or just sit there?

Have you asked the residents about it? Have you reported them as untaxed (I assume there is a way to?)
    They sit there they are no working vans

And yes reported.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied

12 vans does not mean you are hardworking.
    If you need 12 you must have a fair bit of work. Do they actually come and go or just sit there?

Have you asked the residents about it? Have you reported them as untaxed (I assume there is a way to?)

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied

but laying millimetre thick tarmac is.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post

Try owning 12 dodgy vehicles pal, you’ll quickly change your mind!
    have they all got wall assisted remodelling?

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post

Declaring what status, how, to whom and based on which laws?
    Well if you are doing it from home you need to get permission from the council,you will need insurance and to advertise you are a dealer.

https://motorway.co.uk/sell-my-car/g...e-a-car-dealer

oh and you will probably want a trade plate unless you want to insure all the cars you sell.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Try owning 12 dodgy vehicles pal, you’ll quickly change your mind!

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    other neighbours have reported the same house for multiple other offences
    Wilmslow?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    if you are selling without declaring your status yes.
    Declaring what status, how, to whom and based on which laws?

Leave a comment:

• saptastic
    replied
    Originally posted by _V_ View Post

12 vans? Perhaps they are just hard working Labour voters. I know no one wants Labour voters living in their middle class streets, but hey ho.

Leave a comment:

• _V_
    replied

Because it is a quite road and one property has twelve vehicles - generallly clapped out old banger vans that stand out as dumped.
    So no I dont check on any cars except as the old, dumped vans that are associated with this one property that treats the neighbourhood as a dumping ground. Most properties will have 2 cars - kept in the driveway.
    12 vans? Perhaps they are just hard working Labour voters. I know no one wants Labour voters living in their middle class streets, but hey ho.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied

agreed a good point
    maybe worth getting it included in an ASBO. Landlord probably wants them out, call me cynical but they probably are behind on the rent.

Leave a comment:

• saptastic
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post

Because idiots like this normally park badly as well, if they hit someone the other person gets to pay, also vehicle crime frequently accompanies other crime.
    agreed a good point

Leave a comment:

• saptastic
    replied
    How do you know they are untaxed and what made you think it was worth finding out? Or do you routinely snoop on every car on the road? What else, do you go through peoples' bins for evidence they have not paid their bills?
    Because it is a quite road and one property has twelve vehicles - generallly clapped out old banger vans that stand out as dumped.
    So no I dont check on any cars except as the old, dumped vans that are associated with this one property that treats the neighbourhood as a dumping ground. Most properties will have 2 cars - kept in the driveway.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    How do you know they are untaxed and what made you think it was worth finding out? Or do you routinely snoop on every car on the road? What else, do you go through peoples' bins for evidence they have not paid their bills?
    Because idiots like this normally park badly as well, if they hit someone the other person gets to pay, also vehicle crime frequently accompanies other crime.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X