• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Press Conference

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Press Conference"

Collapse

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by Lost It View Post
    I wouldn't trust the minister who single handedly destroyed the NHS as a going concern with the finance of the UK.
    That's rather hyperbolic. Since it hasn't been destroyed (well not until it collapsed in the last year or two) and a minister cannot do anything single-handedly.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Lost It View Post
    I wouldn't trust the minister who single handedly destroyed the NHS as a going concern with the finance of the UK.
    Pretty much threw the baby out with the bathwater. Hunt is only concerned with Hunt.

Cons are doomed.
    Cheer up -

Leave a comment:

• Lost It
    replied
    Pretty much threw the baby out with the bathwater. Hunt is only concerned with Hunt.

Cons are doomed.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Although now some are saying he's going to be caretaker PM in her stead. I thought Rishi and Penny were going to take that role.
    Who knows....

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Although now some are saying he's going to be caretaker PM in her stead. I thought Rishi and Penny were going to take that role.

Leave a comment:

• mallisarealperson
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Probably FTFY. He'll be CX for a week or two then Truss will be forced out and a new CX will be appointed by her successor.
    Amending what I posted

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Lying piece of tulip -

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics...-rise-race-no/

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by mallisarealperson View Post
    Hunt to be thrown under bus
    Probably FTFY. He'll be CX for a week or two then Truss will be forced out and a new CX will be appointed by her successor.

Leave a comment:

• mallisarealperson
    replied
    Hunt for next PM

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post

Well, someone has to pay for the last decade of mismanagement of the public finances.
    Who do you think will move us away from giveaway budgets and magic money trees?
    Help!!!

Leave a comment:

• hugebrain
    replied
    Liz was too influenced by the BBC (allegedly).

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    I'm not sure you can really call that a press conference. It lasted 8 minutes. More like a drive by. She probably won't even survive to the new fiscal statement on 31 October.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Pathetic

Labour kandslide now guaranteed and they will increase taxes further, a plague on both of their houses
    Well, someone has to pay for the last decade of mismanagement of the public finances.
    Who do you think will move us away from giveaway budgets and magic money trees?

Leave a comment:

• Unix
    replied
    You turn [U-turn] if you want to. The lady's not for turning!' I say that not only to you but to our friends overseas and also to those who are not our friends

Leave a comment:

• Unix
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Pathetic

Labour kandslide now guaranteed and they will increase taxes further, a plague on both of their houses
    Labour: IR36 introduced, this time we are going to destroy you

Leave a comment:

Working...
X