• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "DOOM: any form of rail journey over the jubilee weekend"

Collapse

• d000hg
    replied
    Why would anyone want to leave the UK in the first place?

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    What's a stringer?

This site will help you - https://www.nationalrail.co.uk/

Or you could Google trains in Wales
    A much better film than "Snakes on a Plane"!

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Baddish View Post

And if you are a stringer in my country, I hope you will meet somebody as helpful as yourself to provide you with the informations on our travel systems. Thank you.
    What's a stringer?

This site will help you - https://www.nationalrail.co.uk/

Or you could Google trains in Wales

Leave a comment:

• Baddish
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    I don't know, how about you take a look for yourself instead of expecting all the information to be spoonfed to you as you drip feed your specific requirements?
    And if you are a stringer in my country, I hope you will meet somebody as helpful as yourself to provide you with the informations on our travel systems. Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Does this include the Wales railways?
    I don't know, how about you take a look for yourself instead of expecting all the information to be spoonfed to you as you drip feed your specific requirements?

Leave a comment:

• quackhandle
    replied

It's looking okay so far for the Woodland Wanderer. Good availability.

Book now.

qh

Leave a comment:

• Baddish
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Not really. You need to check National Rail or TfL (if you're looking to travel within that London) for planned disruptions.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    So don't fly or take the train. And the roads will be awful too.

Amazing anyone has money for travel with the cost of living crisis though. Save your pennies for gas and pasta
    Not everyone is struggling to feed themselves - yet.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    So don't fly or take the train. And the roads will be awful too.

Amazing anyone has money for travel with the cost of living crisis though. Save your pennies for gas and pasta

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Is there a recommended handy app for rail disruption notifications?
    Not really. You need to check National Rail or TfL (if you're looking to travel within that London) for planned disruptions.

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    Originally posted by TheDude View Post

Are there any Tory miners?
    they prefer minors I believe

Leave a comment:

• Baddish
    replied
    Is there a recommended handy app for rail disruption notifications?

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post

Sensible thing to have really, if this is only used to prevent strikes at bad timings (like the ones Unions want to use), for example limit strikes on railway transport to be during period of 2am-6am, now that would be tidy

Nope because some of the workers going on strike are the infrastructure guys - so if they don't fix the line while you are sleeping (except if you live next to a line while it is being fixed) then the trains won't be running the next day anyway.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Also, maybe it's time for a grand experiment in which one of those Unions will be sold a railway line for £1 and they can run it anyway they like, set whatever salaries, prices for tickets etc...

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    the government plan to push through a bill to ban workers on important infrastructure e.g. rail from striking.
    Sensible thing to have really, if this is only used to prevent strikes at bad timings (like the ones Unions want to use), for example limit strikes on railway transport to be during period of 2am-6am, now that would be tidy

Leave a comment:

Working...
X