• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Spring Statement...."

Collapse

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post

No that's what they get from the mainstream guardian-indoctrinated teaching profession.
    I was thinking of the Royal Tour in the Caribbean that isn't going well at all...

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

"Is it like the Royal Family?"
    No that's what they get from the mainstream guardian-indoctrinated teaching profession.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied

He just reads to them from the DM. "Mummy what's a sponger?"
    "Is it like the Royal Family?"

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied

I was imagining you entertaining the kiddy until their parents came to pick them up at the standard time. They would find you interesting - and that's not being horrible - as you aren't their normal carer.
    He just reads to them from the DM. "Mummy what's a sponger?"

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied

I was imagining you entertaining the kiddy until their parents came to pick them up at the standard time. They would find you interesting - and that's not being horrible - as you aren't their normal carer.
    Its not unusual, yesterday I had a half day (to go to the pub for a retirement do). Mrs V was my chauffeur (good job because the retiree & I spent the afternoon in the pub) but feeding them quickly and dropping the middle ones off to nursery was part of the day. We walked to nursery and talked about crabs (walking sideways between a badly parked car and a wall) and whether rabbit or llama ears are better (llamas rule) . They are treated just like my kids but they go home eventually and don't try to spend my money! I'm frequently found on the couch watching some Disney rubbish cuddled up to my daughter with us sharing the couch with the other kids.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post

Nope it just means no one has accused you yet. Fully vetted friends have been temporarily shut down over a malicious accusation (the accuser has form).
    But its the best system we have so I fully support it.

I'm actually a fall back if my wife has issues (after a fellow child minder) so if Mrs V falls seriously ill while caring I have to take over and hand the kids back to the parents.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    No, for the record I'm categorically not a fiddler

Oh I am sure you are not, my intention was to highlight its just a check not an assurance.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied

Nope it just means no one has accused you yet.
    No, for the record I'm categorically not a fiddler

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied

Similar... as director even though I'm hands-off with the business I had to be certified hands-off on the little kids. I'm officially not a fiddler, got a certificate to prove it
    Nope it just means no one has accused you yet. Fully vetted friends have been temporarily shut down over a malicious accusation (the accuser has form).
    But its the best system we have so I fully support it.

I'm actually a fall back if my wife has issues (after a fellow child minder) so if Mrs V falls seriously ill while caring I have to take over and hand the kids back to the parents.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied

My wife is a child minder so her work. All residents over 18 need it.

I have had basic for work.
    Similar... as director even though I'm hands-off with the business I had to be certified hands-off on the little kids. I'm officially not a fiddler, got a certificate to prove it

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied

Mot sure if renewals are quicker, but the enhanced one IIRC involves actually talking to people or at least requesting information from 3rd parties... so a bit like buying a house your local authority checks can go through in 2 weeks or several months depending who it is

Do you require the enhanced DBS for work? My client required the basic one (well their customer does) but I didn't think it was typical, or is this now quite common?
    My wife is a child minder so her work. All residents over 18 need it.

I have had basic for work.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied

Oh my enhanced took a week or so to renew.
    Mot sure if renewals are quicker, but the enhanced one IIRC involves actually talking to people or at least requesting information from 3rd parties... so a bit like buying a house your local authority checks can go through in 2 weeks or several months depending who it is

Do you require the enhanced DBS for work? My client required the basic one (well their customer does) but I didn't think it was typical, or is this now quite common?

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied

Enhanced since we work with kids. But they can be pretty snappy if it all goes right - can take a few days or can stretch out for ages if they're waiting on someone.
    Oh my enhanced took a week or so to renew.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied

Basic DBS is days?

More exciting versions take weeks.
    Enhanced since we work with kids. But they can be pretty snappy if it all goes right - can take a few days or can stretch out for ages if they're waiting on someone.

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    As the NI threshold rise only happens from 6 July ie 13 weeks at previously announced threshold of £190 a week and 39 weeks at new threshold confirmed as £242 the breakeven salary for paying same NICs in 22/23 as 21/22 is £34,372. Above that you'll pay more NICs in total in 22/23
    Paul Lewis on Twitter..

Leave a comment:

Working...
X