• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "London's Worst Attraction"

Collapse

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    The travelator was probably for accessibility. Can't expect people to have to use their legs.
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...res-CLOSE.html

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    The travelator is probably for accessibility. Can't expect people to have to use their legs.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

That's new! I definitely recall being able to stand and put my snotty nose right up to the glass
    me too excluding the snotty nose!

Leave a comment:

• ravenshaw
    replied
    https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-59906865

Marble Arch Mound: Much-mocked tourist attraction to close

The Marble Arch Mound, which was supposed to attract people back into the heart of the city, charged visitors up to £8 when it opened in July.

However, the £6m artificial hill was forced to close temporarily when plants and grass began to die on the structure surrounded by scaffolding.

Scheduled to run until January, it shuts for the final time on Sunday.

Leave a comment:

• ravenshaw
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    The West End's newest tourist experience opened to the public on Monday, with tickets to climb the man-made hill at the end of Oxford Street starting at £4.50.
    Perhaps they were hoping for something like this?

Click image for larger version  Name:	Paquete-7-Totumo-Volcan.jpg Views:	0 Size:	285.4 KB ID:	4175464

How to Visit Totumo Mud Volcano in Colombia (What to Know)
    Last edited by ravenshaw; 28 July 2021, 17:27.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Good review.

Looks truly tulip.

It may become an attraction because it is so bad.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by Destiny2 View Post
    I thought it was the Tower of London. Long queues everywhere and you cannot even stand and admire plot how to steal the crown jewels. There is a flat escalator in front of them!
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

That's new! I definitely recall being able to stand and put my snotty nose right up to the glass
    so only a couple of weeks old?

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    I thought it was the Tower of London. Long queues everywhere and you cannot even stand and admire the crown jewels. There is a flat escalator in front of them!
    Correct terminology is 'travelator' or 'moving walkway' I spent years wondering what to call them so looked it up.

https://www.stannahlifts.co.uk/produ...oving-walkways

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    But have you visited it?

What was it like?
    Review Englishman Who Walked Up Marble Arch Mound And Came Down £5 Poorer (bleedingcool.com) from an old uni friend.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    I thought it was the Tower of London. Long queues everywhere and you cannot even stand and admire the crown jewels. There is a flat escalator in front of them!

Leave a comment:

• Destiny2
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Well done to Westminster Council for launching an attraction designed to mug off foreign tourists during a period when foreign tourism is effectively banned. The only way they could possibly rescue this shambles is if they re-introduced public hangings at Tyburn (which for non-locals was at almost exactly the same spot) and charged a bit more, they'd make a killing (if you pardon the pun).

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    It appears to be aimed at home sick Welsh who miss their coal tip slag heaps.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    But have you visited it?

What was it like?
    No, not been up that way. I might take a wander next weekend

Leave a comment:

Working...
X