• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "oh that is going to end well 2.0"

Collapse

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    You have to remember that a cat smile is to slowly close your eyes and open them keeping them fairly narrow, and not stare.

A human grin does not signify affection to a cat. If anything it is the opposite, as you are showing your teeth!
    interesting observation thanks.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    You have to remember that a cat smile is to slowly close your eyes and open them keeping them fairly narrow, and not stare.

A human grin does not signify affection to a cat. If anything it is the opposite, as you are showing your teeth!

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

I like most cats and most dogs in my Korean food.
    ftfy

Leave a comment:

• hairymouse
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post

Its like babies & kids, ignore them and they happily come to you for cuddles.
    I think that's instinctual behaviour, anything that takes an interest in you is a predator. Things that ignore you are no threat.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

Bless her cotton socks but for some reason I'd put her in the black bag and a rock category.
    I like most cats and most dogs.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied

That's absolutely true. I love cats, dogs, anything furry but my partner hates them. Well not hates them but they scare her so she won't have them near her. If there is anything friendly in the vicinity they make a bee line for her everytime. We've even got a friendly squirrel in the garden that will eat a few feet from us and it always goes to her first. It's surreal.
    Its like babies & kids, ignore them and they happily come to you for cuddles.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied

I bet loads of cats love you.

They seem to be attracted to humans that dislike them.
    That's absolutely true. I love cats, dogs, anything furry but my partner hates them. Well not hates them but they scare her so she won't have them near her. If there is anything friendly in the vicinity they make a bee line for her everytime. We've even got a friendly squirrel in the garden that will eat a few feet from us and it always goes to her first. It's surreal.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post

SueEllen doesn't get a look in?
    Bless her cotton socks but for some reason I'd put her in the black bag and a rock category.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied

From the person most expected to be the CUK crazy cat lady
    SueEllen doesn't get a look in?

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

There's still time yet. When I give up on plucking the hairs from my chin, I reckon the next stop will be a trip to the cat home.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Ban cats and have them all put down

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    There are fences that are specifically designed to stop moggies escaping the garden. They're normal fence height, but have an overhang.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

I quite like cats. I used to have one, owned from a wee kitten and it died at the grand old age of 21.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X