• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Wetherspoons boss calls for more EU migration"

Collapse

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

That's why we have the constituency system.

If all the parties are tulip, you or someone else you know have had contact with your MP and they are OK then at least you can vote for someone.
    The only sensible approach.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    "a" factor. Not the factor. JC was also a factor. Frankly, if I'd had the vote, I'd have found it difficult to chose any party. They all seem utterly useless.
    That's why we have the constituency system.

If all the parties are tulip, you or someone else you know have had contact with your MP and they are OK then at least you can vote for someone.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    "a" factor. Not the factor. JC was also a factor. Frankly, if I'd had the vote, I'd have found it difficult to chose any party. They all seem utterly useless.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

Only because Diane Abbot is a factor in making Labour unelectable.
    So you would have really voted for Labour so Corbyn was PM?

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    P Patel and B Johnson are just as bad at numbers, plus are actually doing more damage.
    Only because Diane Abbot is a factor in making Labour unelectable.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied

Racist!

P Patel and B Johnson are just as bad at numbers, plus are actually doing more damage.
    Racist!

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    To assist Tim Martin with his staff shortages I'll continue not to drink in Wetherspoon's.
    That will help to raise the standard of clientele, at least.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post

Not quite as thick as you though, since one of your statements is clearly so catastrophically wrong it can only have come from a Diane Abbott campaign leaflet.
    Racist!

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post

What a load of tulip. The vast majority of immigration to the UK pre-brexit and post brexit is non-EU. Brexiters were thick, are thick and will always be thick.
    Not quite as thick as you though, since one of your statements is clearly so catastrophically wrong it can only have come from a Diane Abbott campaign leaflet.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    So hot waitresses with short skirts and you can't lose!
    You can lose your shirt…

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post
    I see your hot waitress and raise you on skirt length

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/s...ngththeory.asp

Understanding the Skirt Length Theory

The idea behind skirt length theory is that shorter skirts tend to appear in times when general consumer confidence and excitement are high, meaning the markets are bullish. In contrast, the theory says long skirts are worn more in times of fear and general gloom, indicating that things are bearish.
    So hot waitresses with short skirts and you can't lose!

Leave a comment:

• GigiBronz
    replied
    I'll leave this here.

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/h/hot-waitress-economic-indicator.asp

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    It was true 30 years ago (the abuse, swindling by the company) its got worse.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Paralytic View Post

"struggling for work" and "struggling for work at a decent wage" are two very different things. The second is much more subjective.
    https://www.bigissue.com/latest/empl...ife-than-this/

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Whorty View Post

Strong builders tea, one sugar
    She wouldn't have an idea of what it was.

Oh and is that Polish builders ea, old British builders tea or young British builders tea?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X