• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wetherspoons boss calls for more EU migration

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

It was addressed on this forum.

To be fair Camoron's campaign was tulip because he didn't want people to turn around and blame the government for how things were and are.
    Very poorly addressed on here.

Very poorly addressed by the remain side.

Now the wages are going up employers are complaining.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

Very poorly addressed on here.
      Disagree.

Multiple posters explained how it worked in specific countries and pointed out that Bliar was to blame.

Very poorly addressed by the remain side.
      The tabloids were on the leave side as their owners stood to gain. People like Bliar, Brown (bigoted woman) and Camoron refused to address people's concerns.

Now the wages are going up employers are complaining.
      Some employers pointed that out before hand.

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

To assist Tim Martin with his staff shortages I'll continue not to drink in Wetherspoon's.

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
          People being told for years that they were thick, instead of having their valid concerns about marginalisation in society listened to, is exactly why Brexit happened. You appear to be too thick to realise this. Isn't this twaddle in the wrong forum anyhoo?
          Well, you’ve won, how do you feel about your valid concerns being listened to now, thicko?
          Last edited by AtW; 2 June 2021, 13:23.

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
            To assist Tim Martin with his staff shortages I'll continue not to drink in Wetherspoon's.
            I am sure the patrons of Wetherspoons will be very grateful!
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

"Wetherspoons boss denies facing shortage of EU workers

The boss of Wetherspoons has denied claims his pubs are facing a staff shortage caused by Brexit.

It comes after Tim Martin was quoted by the Daily Telegraph as saying he favoured a more "liberal" visa scheme for EU workers to tackle shortfalls.

Mr Martin, a vocal Brexit supporter, told the BBC he had always favoured an Australian style system which treated near neighbours preferentially.

There was "no recruitment issue" other than in small coastal towns, he added.

Many hospitality businesses have struggled during the pandemic despite extensive government support, and firms are reportedly now struggling to recruit as they reopen."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-57314682

So it's NOT BREXIT, therefore this awesome 5 star thread stays in the General.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

Well, you’ve won, how do you feel about your valid concerns being listened to now, thicko?
                If you read my post I didn't say which way I voted because in the context of the statement it's irrelevant, thicko.
                ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

If you read my post I didn't say which way I voted because in the context of the statement it's irrelevant, thicko.
                  Which way did you vote, Einstein?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

Which way did you vote, Einstein?
                    What does it matter now? I've moved on and so should you.
                    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

What does it matter now? I've moved on and so should you.
                      For the record

Comment

Working...
                      X