• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Mid life Crisis pt 2"

Collapse

• Whorty
    replied
    There's a good Rory Reid YT video on this.

Of course, what this means is the RS will become rarer, and appreciated in value. Simple supply and demand

Leave a comment:

• _V_
    replied
    Originally posted by Whorty View Post

Yep, said the same myself. It's a toy to enjoy for a period of time, whether that be 1 month, 1 year or 5 years. When I get bored of the attention and scrotes trying to nick it I'll trade in for a less conspicuous car that is almost as fast and fun I'm expecting to lose about £5k when i do sell, so I need to get £5ks worth of fun out of it first

As for cops .... can't see them being much interested in me. And I don't drove drive like a dick, so boy racers can try but I won't bite (biggest risk by me is meeting a tractor coming the opposite way). As for scrotes trying to nick it, that'll be a risk in the towns (or Bristol) or when I head up north to Brum to see family and friends, but not a massive risk in my village - you can't even see my house from the road, let alone where the car will be parked.
    https://www.autoweek.com/news/sports...ford-focus-rs/

A Ford spokesperson told the pub, “As a result of pan-European emissions standards, increased CO2 taxation and the high cost of developing an RS with some form of electrification for a relatively low volume of vehicles, we are not planning another RS version of the Focus.”

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    yep its Ditch fodder

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/ca...ely-crash.html

Do you drive one of the cars most likely to be in an accident? We reveal the most and least crashed - and Vauxhall's Zafira tops the list
    • There were 511 accidents per every 10,000 Vauxhall Zafira's, the data shows
    • The more models of car on the road, the more likely it is to have an accident
    • Morris cars have the least amount of accidents at just 16 per 10,000 models
    33,000 total accidents and 314 accidents per 10,000 cars registered.

The Ford Fiesta, another popular model, also had 35,602 accidents with over a million and a half vehicles on the road.

Meanwhile, the Renault Clio was the model of car that had the third highest number of accidents at 13,971 out of 416,823 in the UK.

The BMW 3 Series, Ford Focus and Volkswagen Golf models all also featured in the top ten.

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post

The only thing that seems to get nicked round our way is heating oil.

Our neighbour had there's pinched a couple of years ago. It was just after they'd had the tank filled up, so the thieves must have been following the tanker round.
    Tools from sheds is a problem here - had a chap come a few years ago to take down some trees that were too close to the house, and he said he can't get insured any more. He gets his van or shed broken into at least once a year. He, and the cops, knows which families are to blame for these and similar thefts, but (by all accounts) the cops are either too scared or can't be bothered to sort it out.

Tractors and the like are also a target here.

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by _V_ View Post

I bet you sell it or trade it in within 12 months. Too much unwanted attention from police, thieves and boy racers.
    Yep, said the same myself. It's a toy to enjoy for a period of time, whether that be 1 month, 1 year or 5 years. When I get bored of the attention and scrotes trying to nick it I'll trade in for a less conspicuous car that is almost as fast and fun I'm expecting to lose about £5k when i do sell, so I need to get £5ks worth of fun out of it first

As for cops .... can't see them being much interested in me. And I don't drove drive like a dick, so boy racers can try but I won't bite (biggest risk by me is meeting a tractor coming the opposite way). As for scrotes trying to nick it, that'll be a risk in the towns (or Bristol) or when I head up north to Brum to see family and friends, but not a massive risk in my village - you can't even see my house from the road, let alone where the car will be parked.

Leave a comment:

• DealorNoDeal
    replied

My neighbours don't shut their garages and they're full of garden kit etc. I think in rural areas the crime is mostly farm machinery which is worth considerably more than my new car. Not many scrotes in these parts to go for my car, even if they knew where it was.

Going to one of the towns for a shop though, that's going to be a bit different
    The only thing that seems to get nicked round our way is heating oil.

Our neighbour had there's pinched a couple of years ago. It was just after they'd had the tank filled up, so the thieves must have been following the tanker round.

Leave a comment:

• _V_
    replied

My neighbours don't shut their garages and they're full of garden kit etc. I think in rural areas the crime is mostly farm machinery which is worth considerably more than my new car. Not many scrotes in these parts to go for my car, even if they knew where it was.

I bet you sell it or trade it in within 12 months. Too much unwanted attention from police, thieves and boy racers.

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post

Where we live is very rural, and I never even bother locking the car. Haven't done for years because I got sick of alarms going off randomly. A fair few times I've even accidentally left the keys in the ignition.

Having said that the current motor is 14 years old and, even though it does 0-60 in 6 secs, it's a bit of a hair dressers car, so maybe the twockers wouldn't be interested.

We never lock the back door of the house either, which I know is probably a bit dumb but so far we haven't been murdered in our sleep.

Leave a comment:

• DealorNoDeal
    replied

I live in a little village, in a private cul-de-sac of only 4 houses and away from view from the street. No chance of anyone spotting the car as an opportunist theft, but that obviously doesn't preclude being followed home, or having it nicked from a public car park
    Where we live is very rural, and I never even bother locking the car. Haven't done for years because I got sick of alarms going off randomly. A fair few times I've even accidentally left the keys in the ignition.

Having said that the current motor is 14 years old and, even though it does 0-60 in 6 secs, it's a bit of a hair dressers car, so maybe the twockers wouldn't be interested.

We never lock the back door of the house either, which I know is probably a bit dumb but so far we haven't been murdered in our sleep.

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied

Crikey what a fruit loop. Horrible car.
    Takes one to know one

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    He was a fruit loop, but he was our fruit loop!

Leave a comment:

• _V_
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Here is what another Esteemed CUK Member considered when he had his mid-life crisis some years ago -

https://forums.contractoruk.com/gene...-am-i-gay.html

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Here is what another Esteemed CUK Member considered when he had his mid-life crisis some years ago -

I like a beard on a woman it gives me something to hold onto?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied

Leave a comment:

• _V_
    replied

I live in a little village, in a private cul-de-sac of only 4 houses and away from view from the street. No chance of anyone spotting the car as an opportunist theft, but that obviously doesn't preclude being followed home, or having it nicked from a public car park. But it's insured so if it is nicked it will be midly vexing, but not the end of the world. And you only live once, so until it's nicked (and I do expect someone to try to nick it at some stage) i'll have some fun with it
    You will be okay as long as you don't live in some tuliphole like Birmingham.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/new...-steal-9530080

Leave a comment:

Working...
X