• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Hoey need 1/4 million to pay for fat cat lawyers"

Collapse

• DealorNoDeal
    replied
    I suspect it's mainly a man thing.

I bet the number of men, who used these schemes, outnumber women by about the same ratio as men in prison to women in prison.

On a related topic, I recently advised my wife that if I die she should definitely find herself a new partner, but it would probably be a lot less risky if she became a lesbian.
    Last edited by DealorNoDeal; 3 May 2021, 19:33.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    I heard webbergs secret strategy will win it, that and the Wencks Army

Worst case scenario - Phil will beat the tulip out of HMRC. On Twitter.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    What a shame - if Saleos and co wish to protect their "reputation" perhaps they should be putting their own money in.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied

Leave a comment:

• GhostofTarbera
    replied
    Ohh and another Twitter scam

Anyone waiting for others to open their wallets might find it much more painful if this fails to raise funds; at that point they are likely to find their own wallets being extracted through their scrotums via APNs. Helping #Hoey helps you. Donate now

Leave a comment:

• GhostofTarbera
    replied
    From Twitter

lawyers in need

Only 120 people have donated to #Hoey appeal funds. Thanks to all who have but it's not enough. Remember, a win for @HMRCgovuk means #LoanCharge was never needed and any overturn of LC will be meaningless.

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    Originally posted by Incognito View Post

Doesn't involve me, I've never been involved in a dodgy, offshore tax setup masquerading as a trust.
    Nor me.
    I have no sympathy whatsoever.
    The NHS staff who were forced to use these schemes I have some for. But not IT contractors who knew exactly what they were doing. I warned people against this when I first started.

"If it's a loan you might have to pay it back, if it's not a loan then tax is due." But No. They all carried on regardless.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Makes two of us. Who or what is this Hoey person or entity?
    Tax "avoider", allegedly.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Thought it was about Kate Hoey

Makes two of us. Who or what is this Hoey person or entity?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Doesn't involve me, I've never been involved in a dodgy, offshore tax setup masquerading as a trust.
    It was all totally legal, just like "clarified" legislation was later.

The horse is long dead which is evidence by disappearence of that legal chap who was super active in subforum, and the one before him...

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Thought it was about Kate Hoey

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Incognito
    replied
    Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
    Say fat cat lawyers

What a great scam

He has to raise £1/4m to fund the final appeal or he loses by default. He needs another £100K.

PLEASE SEND WHAT YOU CAN. THIS CASE INVOLVES ALL OF US AGAINST THE CORRUPTION FROM OUR TAX AUTHORITY.

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
    Say fat cat lawyers

What a great scam

He has to raise £1/4m to fund the final appeal or he loses by default. He needs another £100K.

PLEASE SEND WHAT YOU CAN. THIS CASE INVOLVES ALL OF US AGAINST THE CORRUPTION FROM OUR TAX AUTHORITY.
    can't doey and loey help him/her/whatever ????

Leave a comment:

Working...
X