• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Kier starmer is a ******* troll."

Collapse

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

Yep, Beeboids in their little leftist metro bubble are utterly baffed and broken hearted that all their attempts to smear Boris seem to have fallen on voters' deaf ears!
    Dogs get more information from sniffing each others' backsides than humans do from watching BBC News.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    The BBC has now decided it is the official UK opposition, switch on the news and it is Laura whatsherchops rambling on with her opinions on Boris for 25 minutes, Starmer then gets 30 seconds to say something which is usually quite dull.

So when it comes to who to vote for people have no real knowledge of Starmer.
    Yep, Beeboids in their little leftist metro bubble are utterly baffed and broken hearted that all their attempts to smear Boris seem to have fallen on voters' deaf ears!

Leave a comment:

• Incognito
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    Good one. He also needs to focus on sneering at working class northern voters.
    Hilarious, they'll get the chattering classes chuntering over the Grauniad with this one as Boris walks away to the bank laughing with Hartlepool in his back pocket. Keep it up Labour, you make it easy

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    From My Week: Boris Johnson's Voicemail.

“Prime minister, this is Keir Starmer. We’ve just found your number online. I thought I might repeat my question from PMQs. If the taxpayer paid, dial 1. If the Conservative Party paid, dial 2. If a donor paid, dial . . .”

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    A very useful talent for the man who's supposed to be holding the government to account, no?
    But he's so fecking boring, Ed Milliband is soo much more entertaining.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Criticising is his only talent.
    A very useful talent for the man who's supposed to be holding the government to account, no?

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Yes this is how TV works.
    It's not how it is meant to work under the BBC's charter, the editorialising is now so great that the BBC effectively lead the government opposition.

Some BBC political journalists would probably be more recognised by the public than Starmer.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by mallisarealperson View Post
    Think Ken Clarke said, when asked

When do you think Labour will be in government again?

"When they want to"
    I think he was alluding to their inability to be one party at the moment. The three factions need to unite and that's a long way off.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    The BBC has now decided it is the official UK opposition, switch on the news and it is Laura whatsherchops rambling on with her opinions on Boris for 25 minutes, Starmer then gets 30 seconds to say something which is usually quite dull.

Yes this is how TV works.

Leave a comment:

• mallisarealperson
    replied
    Think Ken Clarke said, when asked

When do you think Labour will be in government again?

"When they want to"

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Criticising is his only talent.

According to Wikipedia, he said would refrain from "scoring party political points" and that he planned to "engage constructively with the government" in In his acceptance speech.
    To be fair he has done so to a far greater extent than any recent leader of the opposition I can recall.
    In fact often he's so busy supporting Boris he forgets to do any opposing.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    And only bettered had he been in the sofa section of John Lewis...
    He'd get my vote if he legally requires all sofas to be in stock!

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Labour are licking wallpaper.
    Agree completely I had great hopes for Kier Starmer finally a credible opposition. He might have forced the government to behave and then win to fix the NHS, crime and employment unfortunately he is hopeless.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    It's cheap and not especially effective. I would prefer it if Sir Starmer, the humble child of a tool maker done good, would actually do something useful from his position as the official opposition. I'm being forced to vote for the crappy edge parties as a protest because the Tories are running amok and Labour are looking at wallpaper.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X