• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: The Fail

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "The Fail"

Collapse

• malvolio
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    I used to think the notion of Prince Harry being James Hewitt's son was a crazy conspiracy theory, but now I'm not so sure.

He seems so aggrieved about nothing much in particular that one wonders if he is and knows he is (through no fault of his) a cuckoo in the nest, despite always having been apparently treated considerately as "one of the family", and his current woes and self-imposed distancing from the royals stem from his internal conflicts of "living a lie" or some such.
    Or he's a spoilt brat, can't cope with not being top of the tree any more, deeply in love with a slightly delusional American actress who's leading himn astray...

Or he's genuinely wanting to make a difference but too naïve and too insular to understand what a mess he's making of things...

Or he's been badly damaged by Diana's story...

Or he is panicking that his own legacy is not enough to live on in the way he's used to living...

Pick one. Or more. Personally I could care less. As, I suspect, does the Royal Family.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    I used to think the notion of Prince Harry being James Hewitt's son was a crazy conspiracy theory, but now I'm not so sure.

He seems so aggrieved about nothing much in particular that one wonders if he is and knows he is (through no fault of his) a cuckoo in the nest, despite always having been apparently treated considerately as "one of the family", and his current woes and self-imposed distancing from the royals stem from his internal conflicts of "living a lie" or some such.

Leave a comment:

• Gould The Swimmer
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post

She is looking rather foxy in the series Hannibal
    Had no idea she was playing Mrs Thatcher in The Crown until someone told me afterwards. Completely unrecognisable. Played with aplomb, I might add.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Gould The Swimmer View Post
    I did love Gillian Anderson in it though.

Damn... my eyesight and these low res screens
    She is looking rather foxy in the series Hannibal

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    So there will be at least one truthful article. That makes a change. That won't go down well with the readership.
    Two, if they get the weather forecast right...

Leave a comment:

• Gould The Swimmer
    replied
    I did love Gillian Anderson in it though.

Damn... my eyesight and these low res screens

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Last edited by ladymuck; 8 March 2021, 16:44.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    You can buy a book that becomes your property, but that does not automatically confer rights to print it in order to sell your own stuff.

Tenuous argument in this case - she isn't making money from letter so breaching her "copyright" resulted in what losses? Yeah sure, breach and she wins £1, minus legal fees for bringing idiotic lawsuit. Now that's how system supposed to work...

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Yes if you send an open text communication from party A to Party B and party B discloses it to the papers its perfectly reasonable to blame the paper.

Not quite sure which law they broke?
    Exactly! If Meghan sent a letter to her father then on receipt it became his property surely, and no longer something whose publication she had any rightful (legal) say in (although ethically his publication of it may be different)

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Copyright infringement FFS!
    ah. Not surprising the wail only understands that when its their copyright (allegedly)

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Copyright infringement FFS!

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Yes if you send an open text communication from party A to Party B and party B discloses it to the papers its perfectly reasonable to blame the paper.

Not quite sure which law they broke?

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    So there will be at least one truthful article. That makes a change. That won't go down well with the readership.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    started a topic The Fail

The Fail

They should have made all the phone hacking papers to do that.

https://news.sky.com/story/mail-on-s...rules-12236810

The Mail On Sunday (MoS) has been ordered by the High Court to publish a front-page statement about the Duchess of Sussex's legal victory against the newspaper last month.

Meghan won her copyright claim over its publication of a letter she sent to her estranged father, with a judge ruling that she "had a reasonable expectation that the contents of the letter would remain private".

Friday's ruling said that the newspaper must print a further notice about the outcome of the case in its inside pages.

Working...
X