• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Taking back control"

Collapse

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by psychocandy View Post

Maybe we are getting new strains. The argument this is perfectly expected with a virus.

The suggestion is that the media and government are ensuring as much panic is caused as possible by making it seem so.
    There isn't much news around apart from there being a pandemic, so what do you expect to be in the news?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    The suggestion is that the media and government are ensuring as much panic is caused as possible by making it seem so.
    All this to stop you from going on holiday, a price well worth paying

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

Are you suggesting that there are no new strains? That the scientists who publish the results are lying?
    Maybe we are getting new strains. The argument this is perfectly expected with a virus.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Funny how everytime we have some good news (i.e. found a vaccine, rates are dropping, vaccinations are going well) we get some bad news a few days later about a new strain.

Funny that - what a coincidence - oh well at least it keeps the population scared. I call bulltulip.
    Are you suggesting that there are no new strains? That the scientists who publish the results are lying?

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Funny how everytime we have some good news (i.e. found a vaccine, rates are dropping, vaccinations are going well) we get some bad news a few days later about a new strain.

Funny that - what a coincidence - oh well at least it keeps the population scared. I call bulltulip.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    I wonder what the person whose test is "missing" is thinking. There's only going to be a small number of people who are wondering if it's them. If their identity gets leaked (ok, when), their lives are going to be made hell by the media for a while. That's enough to make you want to keep your head down and not come forward.

EDIT: That, of course, is on the assumption that the person actually cares / isn't a covid denier.
    Thing is if they had immediately come forward no journalist/media organisation would be on the hunt for them.

And if they are a covid denier they will love airing their views.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    I wonder what the person whose test is "missing" is thinking. There's only going to be a small number of people who are wondering if it's them. If their identity gets leaked (ok, when), their lives are going to be made hell by the media for a while. That's enough to make you want to keep your head down and not come forward.

EDIT: That, of course, is on the assumption that the person actually cares / isn't a covid denier.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    You can bet those tourists don’t forget to leave full details -

Stop doing anal Covid tests on our citizens, Japan tells China”

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...an-tells-china

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Badly filled forms should result in an additiona test performed, the Chinese way.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post

From the sound of it the test was at the airport
    So it was related to an airline ticket and/or passport.

Yeah completely impossible to trace.....

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    I can't believe they sent a test out without a barcode so they could link it to an address just in case the paperwork wasn't done correctly by the test subject.

This government and their agencies are a fecking joke....
    From the sound of it the test was at the airport

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    I can't believe they sent a test out without a barcode so they could link it to an address just in case the paperwork wasn't done correctly by the test subject.

This government and their agencies are a fecking joke....

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    I’ll cut taxes too!

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post

Fill online form before getting test - validated mobile phone should be required, woth big warning about false/wrong details.

GCHQ got enough data to find anybody - treat it (wrong details) as bioterrorism
    Vote for aTw! That should only cost £10billion from the usual suspects.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    If you post the test what else is it going .
    Fill online form before getting test - validated mobile phone should be required, woth big warning about false/wrong details.

GCHQ got enough data to find anybody - treat it (wrong details) as bioterrorism

Leave a comment:

Working...
X