• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "POLL: British flags in Twitter bio means Covidiot"

Collapse

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by edison View Post
    The anti-stab vest was designed by Banksy and used by Stormzy as a protest against the criminal justice system's treatment of young black people. I'm not sure he was wearing it as a symbol of national pride...
    Precisely he was using it for his own ends, in some ways I agree with them (a lot more blacks are locked up than other races and that needs investigating) that doesn't mean the flag is only linked to that cause.

Leave a comment:

• edison
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    i suppose this chap is a skinhead..

The anti-stab vest was designed by Banksy and used by Stormzy as a protest against the criminal justice system's treatment of young black people. I'm not sure he was wearing it as a symbol of national pride...

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Sounds racist to say he's not a skinhead because he's black. A white guy in that photo WOULD be your stereotypical skinhead thug.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Well he does have a very short haircut

It was a bit tongue in cheek though.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post

Well he does have a very short haircut

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    maybe this?

Chris Ofili agrees to let Union Black fly again after giving flag to the Tate | Chris Ofili | The Guardian

sorry the embedded picture is disabled

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by _V_ View Post
    I think we need a new flag, the existing one makes me think of right wing idiots.
    Maybe we change your attitude rather than the flag.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    And it's attitudes like that which mean people are afraid to fly the flag. I have no idea if you're joking but even as a joke it sends a message that anything UK branded is shameful.
    Totally.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by _V_ View Post
    I think we need a new flag, the existing one makes me think of right wing idiots.
    Not a proud Island union that changed the world over the centuries, you think skinheads?

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    The Union Jack will forever be associated with this c**t and c**ts like him. If you fly this flag, you are a c**t.

That isn't a good look.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    The Union Jack will forever be associated with this c**t and c**ts like him. If you fly this flag, you are a c**t.

And it's attitudes like that which mean people are afraid to fly the flag. I have no idea if you're joking but even as a joke it sends a message that anything UK branded is shameful.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    ...If you want to see people who are seriously weird - try the yanks.
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• DonaldJTrump
    replied
    When I see this flag I think of Scottish Dawn and its twisted blood & soil ideology

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    It makes me think of these brave young men who are willing to go out and protect our once great and precious union from the Muslamic Infidel.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X