• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Current vaccine status"

Collapse

• _V_
    replied
    Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    UK 1,756.27 deaths per 1million people
    DE 765.91 deaths per 1million people
    UK is chock full of old fat people.

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    on track with the EU? nearly 5 times the EU.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Vaccinations - Statistics and Research - Our World in Data

UK 18.86 doses per 100 people.
    EU 3.85 doses per 100 people.

Even super efficient Germany is at 3.91 doses per 100 people.

have a play.
    UK 1,756.27 deaths per 1million people
    DE 765.91 deaths per 1million people

Leave a comment:

• mallisarealperson
    replied
    Seems like no one in the world knows the difference between Efficacy and effectiveness.

Most articles interchange between the two.

If it helps

Efficacy can be defined as the performance of an intervention under ideal and controlled circumstances,
    whereas effectiveness refers to its performance under 'real-world' conditions.

efficacy
    the ability to produce a desired or intended result.
    "there is little information on the efficacy of this treatment"

effectiveness
    the degree to which something is successful in producing a desired result; success.
    "the effectiveness of the treatment"

So most stats can be taken with a pinch of salt.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    FTFY

Definitely a Kylie for that!

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    I am such a whore!
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Its on that nice button with a star

I am such a rep whore!

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    There's no tongue in cheek emoji, else i'd've used it

Its on that nice button with a star

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    I don't but the USA is a strange place.
    There's no tongue in cheek emoji, else i'd've used it

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    you mean anti-vaxxers lives don't matter?

I don't but the USA is a strange place.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by mattster View Post
    I'm sure the much smaller population helps - there's fewer people in Israel than there are in London. They're also a fairly rich country - slightly ahead of us on per-capita GDP.

Doesn't seem to be helping Monaco,

Monaco: the latest coronavirus counts, charts and maps

[COLOR=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.75)]Monaco has administered at least [/COLOR]2,400[COLOR=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.75)] doses of COVID vaccines so far. Assuming every person needs 2 doses, that’s enough to have vaccinated about [/COLOR]3.1%[COLOR=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.75)] of the country’s population.[/COLOR]
    They are level with France.

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    In the USA I would expect that when the anti vaxers start being a problem the response will probably be "leave them to die, just keep them away from me!"

you mean anti-vaxxers lives don't matter?

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    UK ordered ahead too but Israel just seems an order of magnitude (or more) ahead so I wondered if there was some unique detail - like they own the factories and are getting first dibs
    Israel 65.83 per 100 people.
    UK 18.86 /100

so they are three times our achievement. they are 10-15 times the EU.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by mattster View Post
    Will they though? They've got quite a serious anti-vax problem over there, so I doubt they'll even hit our current > 70s figures when they're done. And besides, this is a sprint not a marathon. We'll all get there in the end, but there is a real, tangible benefit in doing this as quickly as possible, both from a public health perspective and in getting things back to normal. The UK, for once in this pandemic, is doing a pretty good job.

In the USA I would expect that when the anti vaxers start being a problem the response will probably be "leave them to die, just keep them away from me!"

Leave a comment:

• mattster
    replied
    UK ordered ahead too but Israel just seems an order of magnitude (or more) ahead so I wondered if there was some unique detail - like they own the factories and are getting first dibs
    I'm sure the much smaller population helps - there's fewer people in Israel than there are in London. They're also a fairly rich country - slightly ahead of us on per-capita GDP.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied

Israel seem to have a central management for their health service unlike our distributed ones. they also have conscription so the majority of their adults are militarily trained and can be recalled. Any leader will tell you organising a trained group and populace is far easier than dealing with the general public.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X