• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "I've now been sober for over two weeks!"

Collapse

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Why not going for a walk or cycle? Remember to take it easy at first.

Leave a comment:

• GhostofTarbera
    replied
    Originally posted by silent bob View Post
    I've just done dry January for the first time ever, and I have to agree, didn't feel 1 jot better. Thought I'd feel amazing. Don't think I'll bother again.
    One thing I have noticed, since dry January ended, is that just a few drinks, now gives me a bit of hangover.....maybe that's a good thing....
    I’ve done a dry Monday

Roll on 5pm

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    When I woke up this morning after not drinking, it's the best I'm gonna feel all day.
    When are the ******* pubs opening!!!!
    Why not going for a walk or cycle? Remember to take it easy at first.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by silent bob View Post
    I've just done dry January for the first time ever, and I have to agree, didn't feel 1 jot better. Thought I'd feel amazing. Don't think I'll bother again.
    One thing I have noticed, since dry January ended, is that just a few drinks, now gives me a bit of hangover.....maybe that's a good thing....
    When I woke up this morning after not drinking, it's the best I'm gonna feel all day.
    When are the ******* pubs opening!!!!

Leave a comment:

• silent bob
    replied

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    What's a Hi-Fi?
    An expensive MP3 player.

HTH.

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    What's 'no alcohol'??
    I just can't grasp this concept.

Leave a comment:

• tazdevil
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    What's erudite conversation?
    Having an erudite discussion then or pretending to be clever and learned and informed, booze enhances these qualities

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Originally posted by tazdevil View Post
    a well made classic Martini cocktail
    What's a well made classic Martini cocktail?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    The pleasure of alcohol is in the social setting in given good jazz on the Hi-Fi, the log burner pumping out heat, some candles and erudite conversation over the food production process a cup of tea doesn't cut it However a well made classic Martini cocktail or glass of fine wine sets things of nicely
    What's erudite conversation?

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    The pleasure of alcohol is in the social setting in given good jazz on the Hi-Fi, the log burner pumping out heat, some candles and erudite conversation over the food production process a cup of tea doesn't cut it However a well made classic Martini cocktail or glass of fine wine sets things of nicely[emoji2]glasses
    What's a Hi-Fi?

Leave a comment:

• tazdevil
    replied
    The pleasure of alcohol is in the social setting in given good jazz on the Hi-Fi, the log burner pumping out heat, some candles and erudite conversation over the food production process a cup of tea doesn't cut it However a well made classic Martini cocktail or glass of fine wine sets things of nicely

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    I've not had any alcohol since December 2019. Started off as a training, weight loss thing and was going to be temporary. I've since realised that I don't miss it at all and it added nothing to my life so I currently have no plans to start again.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    No idea. I only go at night, and only in gingham.
    Its part of the contract with NLyUK, wait till you get to the underlying clauses, who knew you could make Y fronts from brambles and nettles?

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    Reducing your weight from 150 kgs to 100 kgs is not going to make much of a difference. Keep at it for a bit more...
    Fook you. I was never 150kgs. Now get in your plane and eat your spaghetti.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X