• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Boris Lies

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Boris Lies"

Collapse

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by mattster View Post
    How is it possible for this government to be so incompetent? Everyone has known this was coming since before Christmas. How many kids went to school yesterday for one day? A million-person super-spreading event? How much more organised could schools and parents be today if they had been given three weeks notice? The lack of leadership is jaw dropping. He couldn't even stop himself from lying last night, about an impossible (for this government) vaccine roll-out timetable, and the timing of the end of restrictions. Are there any adults in the room?
    Ask Boris Johnson's ex-wives, former mistresses and children.

On a side note talking about former blond males -I discovered that no-one knows how many children Julian Assange has and he now has gone mad...

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by mattster View Post
    I first remember seeing this excuse several months ago. Surely they could have done something about it by now? There does seem a general lack of urgency around all of this. Identify the bottleneck, fix it, move on to the next one. Vaccine roll-out should be 24/7 by now. If someone told me I had an appointment at 3.00am, 100 miles away, I'd be there - with the whole family if necessary. The sooner this is done, the sooner we are out of this mess. It seems to me that almost any financial cost that went towards speeding up the vaccine roll-out would pay for itself many times over in the long run.
    I think many countries have been. The UK has already ramped up domestic production for instance. Rich countries tend to buy up the entire production though - the US was acting to try and stop their companies exporting for instance.

Leave a comment:

• Hobosapien
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    It's not an excuse, it is a well-known worldwide bottleneck.
    When they fail to reach their target come March they will be using excuses like the one I pointed out.

Leave a comment:

• mattster
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    I first remember seeing this excuse several months ago. Surely they could have done something about it by now? There does seem a general lack of urgency around all of this. Identify the bottleneck, fix it, move on to the next one. Vaccine roll-out should be 24/7 by now. If someone told me I had an appointment at 3.00am, 100 miles away, I'd be there - with the whole family if necessary. The sooner this is done, the sooner we are out of this mess. It seems to me that almost any financial cost that went towards speeding up the vaccine roll-out would pay for itself many times over in the long run.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
    Providing they get the vaccine deployed at a good enough rate. Current excuse is not enough glass viles to ship it.

And they're called vials. Though it's an apt mistake given the person making it.

Leave a comment:

• mattster
    replied
    How is it possible for this government to be so incompetent? Everyone has known this was coming since before Christmas. How many kids went to school yesterday for one day? A million-person super-spreading event? How much more organised could schools and parents be today if they had been given three weeks notice? The lack of leadership is jaw dropping. He couldn't even stop himself from lying last night, about an impossible (for this government) vaccine roll-out timetable, and the timing of the end of restrictions. Are there any adults in the room?

Leave a comment:

• Hobosapien
    replied

Providing they get the vaccine deployed at a good enough rate. Current excuse is not enough glass viles to ship it.

Providing the vaccine kaboshes the new variant strains and doesn't need constant re-tweaking and then the issue of if ok to give the same person multiple slightly different vaccines within a short timeframe if they need to revacinate all the vulnerable for each major variant.

In other words, it's just the start and they haven't a clue how it will pan out.

Peston was getting quite animated (shouting in the studio, which I thought was a big no-no indoors without a mask ) on the news last night about how certain countries in Asia have managed to get back to normal already due to enforcing severe restrictions on the public, as it's their nature, and seemed to be wanting the same for the UK and other more moderately governed 'western style' countries.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Lockdown to end in March.

Michael Gove suggests third coronavirus lockdown might not end until March | Evening Standard

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I tuned in at 20:02 and missed the first 2 minutes!

I bet he is not on time with his child maintenance payments.
    He's using .xls and ran out of rows.

Leave a comment:

• Hobosapien
    replied
    At last, Bozo acknowledges that schools are a 'vector for transmission', just like any (particularly indoor) place where people are in close proximity in numbers for a length or time without proper medical grade PPE.

Who knew that asymptomatic carriers could spread the virus.

'No evidence' just means they haven't found it yet.

Oh well, another few months of mostly people hiding at home scared to go out. Just need the ice to clear off then all the local running routes will be mostly idiot free for me to use in isolation like during the first lockdown.

I acknowledge, going on form, there will always be one idiot wherever I go.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    At least he was on time for a change
    I tuned in at 20:02 and missed the first 2 minutes!

I bet he is not on time with his child maintenance payments.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Abbot View Post
    Boris doesn’t lie. He merely speaks tulip.
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• Abbot
    replied
    Boris doesn’t lie. He merely speaks.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    They have to vaccinate 2 million people a week just to do those groups....
    No, now they have to NOT vaccinate that many in order to ensure lockdown is extended till March as it ought to have been from start.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    They have to vaccinate 2 million people a week just to do those groups....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X