• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Commision votes against travel ban"

Collapse

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    The intent was clear from the start a Federal Europe run by Germany & France, each treaty has been a step towards that goal.
    What is clear to a cretin like you is of little importance.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    German efficiency at its best!
    We neglected to claim the VAT back this time.

Leave a comment:

• clearedforlanding
    replied
    The intent was clear from the start a Federal Europe run by Germany & France, each treaty has been a step towards that goal.
    Cool! So you will be able to provide a citation if the intent is clear.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    IMHO he's blaming the wrong treaty.

https://europa.eu/european-union/sit...n_union_en.pdf

No mention anywhere of a democratic vote of the people. God forbid they produce the wrong result.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Germany has closed its borders from midnight last night, with a few exceptions. Nipping across the border to do some food shopping isn't one of them, as the lady at the checkout told us this morning as we paid... oops.

Car park full of Swiss cars as well.

But at least France is still open to us.

German efficiency at its best!

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Germany has closed its borders from midnight last night, with a few exceptions. Nipping across the border to do some food shopping isn't one of them, as the lady at the checkout told us this morning as we paid... oops.

Car park full of Swiss cars as well.

But at least France is still open to us.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
    Humour me please with a citation from the treaty.
    IMHO he's blaming the wrong treaty.

https://europa.eu/european-union/sit...n_union_en.pdf

No mention anywhere of a democratic vote of the people. God forbid they produce the wrong result.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Nope

Sent from my 5g carrier pigeon
    Gissa clue then.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Nope
    Building a fence to keep out illegal immigrants isn't the same thing*. (If that's what you were referring to?)

*I'm not condoning that, btw.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    That has actually happened, Google is your friend

Building a fence to keep out illegal immigrants isn't the same thing*. (If that's what you were referring to?)

*I'm not condoning that, btw.

Leave a comment:

• clearedforlanding
    replied
    You might want to try the 1957 treaty of Rome.
    Humour me please with a citation from the treaty.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    So Mordac does not have a source. Vetran, can you help him out?
    They're not going to publish their intentions in a manifesto. Read the rantings of Selmayr, it's all in there. The future European Government, designed from the ground up to by-pass democracy. If you didn't get the chance to put them there, what chance do you think you'll ever have to remove any of them?

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    No friend of the Frogs and I loathe Macaroni Cheese Eating Surrender Monkey but it isn't unreasonable to protect your own citizens.

Not sure it will help much tho. as there are virus mutations in several other countries according to the news.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    So Mordac does not have a source. Vetran, can you help him out?

You might want to try the 1957 treaty of Rome.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    That has actually happened, Google is your friend
    What if they (or another nation) want to close the border with another EU member? Covid has opened a can of worms, shutting borders is against free movement. Give it a couple of years, and no EU member will be permitted to close its borders. For any reason. One Europe, all in it together.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X