• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Today's minister is..."

Collapse

• SueEllen
    replied
    Oh god she's on the radio now talking about equality.

I'm off to watch some telly/VOD.

Edited to say: she's had some holes ripped into her arguments. Not very good at logic this lot.
    Last edited by SueEllen; 17 December 2020, 19:11.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    But we know she's not, so all that tells us is not to make such facile judgements on superficial things.
    Well she might be, all the trade deals that her and her department have recently negotiated are just rollovers of current ones that the UK has via the EU, so not exactly a huge amount of thinking to be done there. That comes next as they will have to be renegotiated within the next couple of years which will be much more difficult. Looking at how she acted today also shows that she's not quite the sharpest knife in the drawer either, looks like she's trying to out do Patel as most obnoxious female minister

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

She sounds simple in all her speeches.
    But we know she's not, so all that tells us is not to make such facile judgements on superficial things.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by HoofHearted View Post
    I think you mean (Dr.) Thérèse Coffey
    Possibly, however knowing how this government works she might have changed it or merged with Liz Truss....Took quite a while for anyone to notice that actually which does show how much interest people take in their elected representatives (apart from yourself)

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by HoofHearted View Post
    Mmmm an accountant.

Leave a comment:

• HoofHearted
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    There are in fact 4 others in the cabinet:

Liz Truss - Secretary of State for International Trade and President of the Board of Trade, Minister for Women and Equalities
    Elizabeth Coffey - Secretary of State for Work and Pensions

And how many people have heard of:

Baroness Evans of Bowes Park - Leader of the House of Lords, Lord Privy Seal
    Amanda Milling - Minister without Portfolio (Unpaid)

They're not wheeled out very often though and there are a number of other ministers such as Kemi Badenoch and Baroness Goldie (honest)

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    You'd like me to give you a link to you NOT making comments about men' weight?

nah yer fat bastard!

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    I reckon Liz would be fun. Has that hint of crazy about her.

She sounds simple in all her speeches.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    Link please?
    You'd like me to give you a link to you NOT making comments about men' weight?

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied

Only women get comments about eating it.
    Link please?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    A match made in heaven?
    I don't see being a bit crazy as a bad thing, but I think I'm far too boringly normal

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Only women eat Banana bread?
    Only women get comments about eating it.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    Racist if she were black
    Ah ignorance & prejudice again.

Maybe if she was Greek or American. Just because a plant originates in a country does it mean all recipes using it are from that country think of spotted dick if you will!

Banana Bread History

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Where as this IS unequivocally sexist.
    Only women eat Banana bread?

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied

A match made in heaven?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X