• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Today's minister is...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today's minister is...

Priti Patel.

Because of this No 10's Covid press briefings led exclusively by men for past six months | Women in politics | The Guardian

She looks like she is sucking a wasp as not to smirk.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

I'm Priti sure she suffers from Dyscalculia, which I'm sure she's tried hard to hide but came out spectacularly in her previous visits to the podium.

These meetings must be a nightmare for her. The fact that she's the only woman in cabinet means that the spotlight is on her.

Good.
    Last edited by cojak; 17 December 2020, 10:25. Reason: Clarification and a pun!
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
      She also suffers from Dyscalculia, which I'm sure she's tried hard to hide but came out spectacularly in her previous visits to the podium.

These meetings must be a nightmare for her. The fact that she's the only woman in cabinet means that the spotlight is on her.

Good.
      Is Dyscalculia where you look like Dracula?

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
        Is Dyscalculia where you look like Dracula?

Looks like I'm not the only one to make that connection...
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

In charge of the home office and she doesn't even know the difference between terrorism and counter terrorism
          Perma-smirking Priti Patel brings the hostile environment in-house | Priti Patel | The Guardian

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
            In charge of the home office and she doesn't even know the difference between terrorism and counter terrorism
            Perma-smirking Priti Patel brings the hostile environment in-house | Priti Patel | The Guardian
            Sexist!! *

(Well I can't call you racist as she and her colleagues don't think it exists so can't be subject to it. )

*Can't find the smirk emoticon
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Has she had too much banana bread during lockdown or is the camera adding 30 pounds?

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
                Has she had too much banana bread during lockdown or is the camera adding 30 pounds?
                Where as this IS unequivocally sexist.

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                Are you sure on that?
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

Are you sure on that?
                  There are in fact 4 others in the cabinet:

Liz Truss - Secretary of State for International Trade and President of the Board of Trade, Minister for Women and Equalities
                  Elizabeth Coffey - Secretary of State for Work and Pensions

And how many people have heard of:

Baroness Evans of Bowes Park - Leader of the House of Lords, Lord Privy Seal
                  Amanda Milling - Minister without Portfolio (Unpaid)

They're not wheeled out very often though and there are a number of other ministers such as Kemi Badenoch and Baroness Goldie (honest)
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                    There are in fact 4 others in the cabinet:

Liz Truss - Secretary of State for International Trade and President of the Board of Trade, Minister for Women and Equalities
                    Elizabeth Coffey - Secretary of State for Work and Pensions

And how many people have heard of:

Baroness Evans of Bowes Park - Leader of the House of Lords, Lord Privy Seal
                    Amanda Milling - Minister without Portfolio (Unpaid)

They're not wheeled out very often though and there are a number of other ministers such as Kemi Badenoch and Baroness Goldie (honest)
                    Indeed. Liz is hardly low-profile, I think you'd be forgiven for not knowing the other 3 especially the last 2 though.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X