• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Is your job on zzzzzlist"

Collapse

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
    One has to ask what does govt gain with this hare brained scheme. They will lose lot of tax and NI when high salary jobs are dumped in favor of 25k salary jobs.
    Govt ministers will personally gain nice earnings after their political careers are flushed down the toilet of history.

Long term of tax loss isn’t their problem.

Leave a comment:

• GigiBronz
    replied
    Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
    One has to ask what does govt gain with this hare brained scheme.
    They will lose lot of tax and NI when high salary jobs are dumped in favor of 25k salary jobs.
    High salaried people will lose their jobs.
    its a lose lose situation.
    only winner is CEO of big companies who can give themselves more bonus.
    Purpose of bringing immigrants is to depress salaries from certain industries.Whether the job is relevant for society/country I don’t think counts a lot in the grand scheme of things.
    The essential industries: defence, research are well funded and rely on other ways of bringing resources.

I think it could be a way of the rulling class to keep control of the lower masses, keep them impoverished, keep them in debt. They work harder and complain less. What could they do instead, leave? They’ve taken care of that through brexit.

Or at least this is my paranoid take...

Leave a comment:

• courtg9000
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Luckily we are short of Ballet Dancers and chefs its not like either are on furlough or likely to lose their jobs.
    Now remember the Ballet dancers went to the new National careers service skils tests and got jobs in cyber, basket weaving and artisan fidget spinner making becuase thats where their next jobs were and they just didn't know it yet!

Leave a comment:

• Halo Jones
    replied
    2433, QS been on the list for years, same for many other countries: which is why they are not coming to the UK, which suits me

Leave a comment:

• Andy2
    replied
    One has to ask what does govt gain with this hare brained scheme.
    They will lose lot of tax and NI when high salary jobs are dumped in favor of 25k salary jobs.
    High salaried people will lose their jobs.
    its a lose lose situation.
    only winner is CEO of big companies who can give themselves more bonus.

Leave a comment:

• _V_
    replied
    £25K seems reasonable. Keep the riff-raff out.

This is per month right?

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Yes - £25k salary
    ... this ....

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
    From Jan2021 Anyone earning over 25K can head over to UK

Shortage list here

Immigration Rules Appendix K: shortage occupation list - Immigration Rules - Guidance - GOV.UK

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
    Woo hoo .... my area of work is nowhere to be seen Seems I'll continue to be in demand and with no extra competition

So glad I'm not a programmer, developer, web designer kind of bod

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    But you have to work weekends. Oh...
    And bank holidays

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    Supervisor Lidl £25,000
    But you have to work weekends. Oh...

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Supervisor Lidl £25,000

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    Every company in the UK wants to hire highly skilled and talented employees and pay them under 30k if possible, so that they can pay the senior leadership very high salaries and bonus and dividends. There is no exception. Even top companies indulge in it.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post
    Am I missing something?
    Yes - £25k salary

Leave a comment:

• GigiBronz
    replied
    If all those jobs suffer from shortages why are so many people in here warming the bench? For the right salary you would expect people to just apply and walk into a role...
    Am I missing something?

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Luckily we are short of Ballet Dancers and chefs its not like either are on furlough or likely to lose their jobs.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X