• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Hancock

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Hancock"

Collapse

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by malvolio View Post
    Got to say that if that is an example of the Manchester Slaver''s use of English, then I'm glad I never bothered to read it. Plus what they are saying (I think) makes very little sense anyway.

FTFY one extra to annoy the draft dodger!

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by malvolio View Post
    Got to say that if that is an example of the Grauniad's use of English, then I'm glad I never bothered to read it. Plus what they are saying (I think) makes very little sense anyway.
    Which bit? Most of it are direct quotes from Hancock

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Here he is...

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    Got to say that if that is an example of the Grauniad's use of English, then I'm glad I never bothered to read it. Plus what they are saying (I think) makes very little sense anyway.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Ah, the "a big boy did it then ran off" version of ministerial responsibility

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    started a topic Hancock

Hancock

“ Hancock appeared to partly blame Exercise Cygnus, a 2016 government exercise to model a possible pandemic. Planned when Hunt was health secretary, it took place shortly after he had moved to become foreign secretary.

Hancock said one key problem with the initial response to coronavirus was that Cygnus took as its starting point the idea of a new flu virus already being widespread in the population.

“What it didn’t ask was the prior question of what type of pandemic is most likely; what are the different characteristics of different pandemics, flu or coronavirus being two obvious examples, and can we act to stop getting to the position at which Project Cygnus started off?” Hancock said.”

Matt Hancock wants to use NHS testing system to fight flu after Covid | Coronavirus | The Guardian

Working...
X