• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Now finally we know WTFH's public persona :)"

Collapse

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    My source for the comment about the majority of MAMILs being white english males is based on living in an area that is popular with cyclists and seeing who goes through, who stops, who leans their bike up against my neighbour's car to have a pee on the car door, etc.

If you wish to contradict that, feel free to.
    Could have been worse, he could have done a Tom Dumoulin

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    source?

My source for the comment about the majority of MAMILs being white english males is based on living in an area that is popular with cyclists and seeing who goes through, who stops, who leans their bike up against my neighbour's car to have a pee on the car door, etc.

If you wish to contradict that, feel free to.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    HP.

Yours?

Oh I'm like you, I make it up!

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    saurce?

HP.

Yours?

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Funny that Farage is talking about this. The majority of MAMILs in the UK are not:
    1. Female
    2. Non-white
    3. Bearded
    4. Non-English
    5. Immigrants

All the things he hates. There may well be a correlation such that MAMIL = ‘KIPper.

(I’d not bet £10,000 on it though)

source?

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Funny that Farage is talking about this. The majority of MAMILs in the UK are not:
    1. Female
    2. Non-white
    3. Bearded
    4. Non-English
    5. Immigrants

All the things he hates. There may well be a correlation such that MAMIL = ‘KIPper.

(I’d not bet £10,000 on it though)

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Bike riders & walkers do cause CO2 emissions some methane as well.
    Only old farts, Shirley?

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    Bikes don't cause CO2 or similar emissions, and they don't damage the road surfaces. Pretty similar to walkers/joggers don't get taxed for walking on the footpath

Bike riders & walkers do cause CO2 emissions some methane as well.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    Bikes don't cause CO2 or similar emissions, and they don't damage the road surfaces. Pretty similar to walkers/joggers don't get taxed for walking on the footpath
    Yes for sure, the subtle but important point I was making was that 0% road tax is not the same as no road tax.

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    0% rate of VAT does not mean product is not VATable

Same here - for NOW road tax on electric cars is 0, but that’s not for long - now on bicycles there is actually no road tax requirement at all

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    0% rate of VAT does not mean product is not VATable

Same here - for NOW road tax on electric cars is 0, but that’s not for long - now on bicycles there is actually no road tax requirement at all

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    It’s a tax on a motor vehicle - does not matter what politicians choose to call it
    But it's not because electric motor cars (currently) don't pay it - well, technically they are zero rated but same principle. This is despite these cars still causing damage to roads the same as other vehicles, taking up space, and hence adding to the cause of traffic jams.

Take 50% of vehicles off the road and there will be virtually no traffic problems. Take 100% of cyclists off the road and the roads will still be full. Therefore, the problem is not with cyclists.

As with all entrenched views though, logic is ignored and the problems must be being caused by 'them' and not 'us'

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    It’s a tax on a motor vehicle - does not matter what politicians choose to call it

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    It's vehicle excise duty. Charged/paid according to CO2 emissions.

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    <yawn> There is no such thing as road tax. It's an emissions tax, hence why electric cars don't pay either. Feck-wit.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X