• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "What’s everyone driving these days ??"

Collapse

• Zigenare
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    It was an R8 surely you parked it in the car in front at >70mph like other Audi drivers.
    Not a hobby I chose to partake in. I did have the added kudos of having the car delivered to work, though.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
    Indeed, having a family changes ones priorities.

Might I also add that I've never embedded a car into a wall? #JustSaying
    It was an R8 surely you parked it in the car in front at >70mph like other Audi drivers.

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post

Far Cry from R8 days of glory
    Indeed, having a family changes ones priorities.

Might I also add that I've never embedded a car into a wall? #JustSaying

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
    Volvo XC90

Far Cry from R8 days of glory

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Alfa Stelvio QV.
    Volvo XC90

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
    what's the best suv/car with best seats for back support ?
    I have lower back pain and cars with low height seats or poor back support are a pain to drive.

Alfa Stelvio QV.

Leave a comment:

• GhostofTarbera
    replied
    I have lower back pain and cars with low height seats or poor back support are a pain to drive.
    Switch to an auto - fixed my back years ago

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by courtg9000 View Post
    I had to have a look at the X1 as its on a list I can choose from for my renewal if I choose to. (Motability, disabled driver, cannot use pedals for distance driving, need adaptations) It seemed nice enough but i'm not sure it would be comfortable on a long run.

Father in law loved his in his last year. Nice and tall to get out of, he drove long distance - travelling expert.

Leave a comment:

• courtg9000
    replied
    I do get lower back pain amongst my many health issues and can say this from previous recent cars. (Last 5 years)

Merc's good (C/GLE) . Range Rover Not so good. Kia ok but not brilliant. VW Golf good. I need a new car. I tried a Jaguar I- Pace, Volvo XC40 and a BMW x1 pre lockdown 2. The BMw's were not very comfy. Jag were ok. The Volvo's on the other hand were very good. (I was having a bit of a flare up and felt ok in the Volvo)

Leave a comment:

• Andy2
    replied

Leave a comment:

• courtg9000
    replied
    Originally posted by Scoobos View Post
    I was going to say:
    and I live in the North East, where E cars seem to be everywhere (leafs etc, I think Nissan workers get big deals on them)
    Its the same where ever there is a car factory and certainly the same here in South Warwickshire (JLR and Aston country). Staff get the best deals on the products(some equate to over 60% off!)
    Then there are the family and friends discounts and these can be astronomical too. A neighbour just got around 30% off a Discovery.

Leave a comment:

• Scoobos
    replied
    Originally posted by saptastic View Post
    25 minutes to get 80% charge on all electric cars ???? Not true. #fakenews

Problems are
    - majority of chargers are slow chargers (very few rapid chargers)
    - go to a service station and the rapid charger is always busy
    - lots of chargers are broken

The infrastructure is terrible unless you have a tesla.
    I was going to say:
    Which car doesn't allow an 80% charge in 25 minutes on a rapid charger at the stations?

But you are right, it's 45 minutes. (e-up and 1st gen VW e cars, leaf) - but the majority of others are faster than that. I didnt have my facts right there. Just all the e-cars I'm looking at do 80% in 25 mins on 50kw. (new VW's etc).

Whilst I only have a PHEV - I've NEVER had a charging point availability problem , and I live in the North East, where E cars seem to be everywhere (leafs etc, I think Nissan workers get big deals on them)
    Last edited by Scoobos; 21 November 2020, 13:32.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by founder View Post
    I just bought a BMW SUV

Oh dear. Let’s hope your life turns around soon.
    How many people are you taking to house viewings this week?

Leave a comment:

• saptastic
    replied
    Originally posted by Scoobos View Post
    I used to think that way, but its surprising just how many charge points there are, and it is literally 25 mins to get to 80% charge on all 100% e-cars , so its stopping for a wee and a bite to eat.

If you're skeptical, download one of the charging apps like ZapMap and check when you're doing a journey in your petrol car.

I bought PHEV for the reasons you give, and I regret it. I wish I'd gone full e-car.
    25 minutes to get 80% charge on all electric cars ???? Not true. #fakenews

Problems are
    - majority of chargers are slow chargers (very few rapid chargers)
    - go to a service station and the rapid charger is always busy
    - lots of chargers are broken

The infrastructure is terrible unless you have a tesla.

Leave a comment:

• courtg9000
    replied
    Originally posted by founder View Post
    I just bought a BMW SUV
    I had to have a look at the X1 as its on a list I can choose from for my renewal if I choose to. (Motability, disabled driver, cannot use pedals for distance driving, need adaptations) It seemed nice enough but i'm not sure it would be comfortable on a long run.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X