• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Labour Anti-Semitic Under Corbyn"

Collapse

• AtW
    replied
    Very nice - Sir Kier now needs tax cuts for middle classes and No10 is his

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by Bean View Post
    Ftfy

The whip was withdrawn by brave Sir Keir, nothing more.
    The former leader of the party not being allowed to represent the party only a few months later is quite a big deal.

I wonder if he'll stand as independent - and if he'd win against whoever Labour parachute in to Islington in 3 years?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    You must be talking to those in his cult.
    He's been constituency MP since 1983, with consistently strong results despite being rebellious on the back benches for most of his tenure. The facts suggest you just have a personal gripe with the man.

Leave a comment:

• Bean
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    But he is forbidden from being a Labour MP.
    Ftfy

The whip was withdrawn by brave Sir Keir, nothing more.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    There are many older MPs. I have only heard good things about him as an MP - seems a role he's much better suited to than leader.
    You must be talking to those in his cult.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    There are many older MPs. I have only heard good things about him as an MP - seems a role he's much better suited to than leader.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    But he is forbidden from being an MP.
    He's old and should retire anyway so hardly a hardship.

(He - unlike all the other leaders of parties - is apparently a tulip constituency MP. )

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied

one of the 600 spaces cleared up!

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    He said sorry and now is allowed back in

Labour reinstates Jeremy Corbyn after suspension over antisemitism remarks | Jeremy Corbyn | The Guardian

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Because he refused to hold his views in check? Nah, far more likely he'd rather be suspended than act falsely (as he sees it). If he maintains the issue has been used to stir up dissent and blown up by the media - which seems an arguable position - he shouldn't have to censor those views.
    For some reason he thought and thinks the media are against him, there as if he had got a good advisor he could have done a Blair.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    No, that's just silly.

Dogs are social, friendly and more intelligent than any UKIP member. I don't believe a dog would volunteer to be a member of UKIP.
    Apart from Churchill (AKA SupremeSpod)!

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    He needed to simply keep his mouth shut but it is clearly beyond him so I suspect he is an anti-Semite.
    Because he refused to hold his views in check? Nah, far more likely he'd rather be suspended than act falsely (as he sees it). If he maintains the issue has been used to stir up dissent and blown up by the media - which seems an arguable position - he shouldn't have to censor those views.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
    So why do some of them attack and kill children? Also they particularly hate foxes, which I grant you is a sound judgement!

I think it's because children don't pay taxes and might turn out to have less right wing points of view, based on having an open mind and judging people by their words and actions, not their skin colour, religion or the country they were born in.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Ah, it's one of those. A nice witch-hunt, any reasonable comment you might make is viewed as "YOU ARE A HUGE ANTI-SEMITE". I'm no JC fan but it's hardly controversial to suggest the media blew this up and people used it as political ammo, while still accepting there was/is a very real problem.
    He needed to simply keep his mouth shut but it is clearly beyond him so I suspect he is an anti-Semite.

Watched Newsnight last night and apparently there was an agreement between him and 4 other leftie MPs in Labour to keep their mouths shut over the report for the next few weeks. A couple of then were them surprised that Corbyn opened his big mouth.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X