• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: BOOM: Royal Mail

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "BOOM: Royal Mail"

Collapse

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
    I've been using Hermes (via Packlink) for months for delivery via collection. It's great. Costs around 60p to £1 more for a parcel but saves me a heap of hassle when I sell things from home. Excellent service - and that's saying something considering it's Hermes!
    You must've got lucky with your local driver. We get collections made about 50% of the time - get a notification "sorry you driver couldn't make the collection" when we've been sat at home and know nobody has even been near the house.
    Leaves parcels on the doorstep when we have a shed right next to us - fine security wise but in the rain surely something must twig.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    But none of them are interested in NLyUKs used-undercrackers 'business'...
    That's because you have to be a real lady....

Leave a comment:

• ChimpMaster
    replied
    I've been using Hermes (via Packlink) for months for delivery via collection. It's great. Costs around 60p to £1 more for a parcel but saves me a heap of hassle when I sell things from home. Excellent service - and that's saying something considering it's Hermes!

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    Many years too late. All competitors are doing this for ages and many of them cheaper
    But none of them are interested in NLyUKs used-undercrackers 'business'...

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post

Looks like BOOM threads are getting better response, maybe I should be posting more of positive news...
    nah, just FO

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    If British Rail ran a parcel service that would be great. My house used to be next to a railway line, they'd have to relay some track but...
    They would just use the ticket office as a parcel depot.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post

Looks like BOOM threads are getting better response, maybe I should be posting more of positive news...

seems sensible

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Hobosapien
    replied
    Free news source for those not interested in FT's pay for news bollox:

Royal Mail launches 72p parcel pick-up service - BBC News

Already paid for that news source via TV licence.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    If British Rail ran a parcel service that would be great. My house used to be next to a railway line, they'd have to relay some track but...

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Other brands coming to a town near you:

1) British rail

2) British Telecom (from a stock perspective it is starting to look very tempting. Will wait until Spring).

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    True but I don't think doorstep collections are that widely used except for Amazon returns. It's a faff finding who to use especially if you're not super internet-savvy.

Plus, tarnished as it is, there's still the Royal Mail brand which many will prefer to "parcelz4UFAST"

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied
    Many years too late. All competitors are doing this for ages and many of them cheaper

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    started a topic BOOM: Royal Mail

BOOM: Royal Mail

“ Royal Mail launches doorstep parcel collections in ecommerce boom

Demand for UK packages deliveries grows with surge in online shopping triggered by pandemic

Please use the sharing tools found via the share button at the top or side of articles. Copying articles to share with others is a breach of FT.com T&Cs and Copyright Policy. Email [email protected] to buy additional rights. Subscribers may share up to 10 or 20 articles per month using the gift article service. More information can be found at Take a tour — Hints and tips on getting more from your subscription — FT.com | Financial Times.
    Subscribe to read | Financial Times

The UK’s Royal Mail is starting to collect parcels from doorsteps across the country, in what it bills as one of the biggest overhauls to the daily delivery service since the first postboxes appeared in 1852.

Customers will be able to hand over items to postmen and women on their rounds, or else leave packages in a “safe place”, from Monday to Saturday after paying a fee online.

The nationwide rollout of the service, which follows trials in areas of the west of England including Bristol, comes during a boom in internet shopping spurred by the Covid-19 pandemic.”

Subscribe to read | Financial Times

Working...
X