• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "17 Day Lockdown For Wales"

Collapse

• Zigenare
    replied
    Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    Complete waste of time....

Power has gone to the First ministers head. Its all political games now and trying to do the opposite that westminster does.
    And hes totally out of his depth and got no clue what hes doing.

Embarrassingly, a lot of my countrymen seem to like him. Its just embarrassing to be honest.
    You get people on facebook/twitter saying we should "close the border". Jeez - some people do work across the border.

And best one yet "send in the army to stop English coming to wales". What army exactly? The welsh one....

Now I'm a proud welshman but I'd leave if wales ever got independence..... It'd be a shambles...
    Keep singing lads! There's tidy now! We'll have those English bastards on the run!

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Just heard a leak that from Friday at 6pm Wales will have a 17 Day circuit breaker lockdown.

Why 17 days? Well they got the Sage minutes and added on the missing time.
    Complete waste of time....

Power has gone to the First ministers head. Its all political games now and trying to do the opposite that westminster does.
    And hes totally out of his depth and got no clue what hes doing.

Embarrassingly, a lot of my countrymen seem to like him. Its just embarrassing to be honest.
    You get people on facebook/twitter saying we should "close the border". Jeez - some people do work across the border.

And best one yet "send in the army to stop English coming to wales". What army exactly? The welsh one....

Now I'm a proud welshman but I'd leave if wales ever got independence..... It'd be a shambles...

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Originally posted by David71 View Post
    Drakeford and his public sector, no chance of lay-offs, cronies are despised universally in Wales.

Unfortunately, the t...wits I call countrymen will never not vote Labour come election time.

...and before anyone says public sector workers can be made redundant.....not in Wales! There is a Welsh Gov policy that forbids compulsory redundancies so when they want to lay anyone off they have to keep increasing the redundancy offers to ridiculous amounts as the unions know they have the upper hand.
    Could paint a 3 legged donkey red and they'd vote for it in the valleys.....

I'd agree. I'm contracting in the public sector in wales. Its like a country club - they've NEVER had redundancies there ever....

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Yep all online now.
    Is it really?

Got to be fair trekking to the jobcentre and wading past all the losers outside was the worst bit. Then, some times they'd be 30 mins behind and you'd have to wait. Another day, you'd be 2 mins late and get a lecture off them.

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    They aren't letting the English in unless they come from Cornwall, Devon or East Anglia.
    That's where you're wrong, again!

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    WE were under national lockdown for what, 100 days? And it took that long to push virus levels to a manageable (we thought) level. How is a couple of weeks going to have the same effect... a total, total lockdown of 2 weeks would mean it dies out but shops will still be open, people still at work, etc.
    They aren't letting the English in unless they come from Cornwall, Devon or East Anglia.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    WE were under national lockdown for what, 100 days? And it took that long to push virus levels to a manageable (we thought) level. How is a couple of weeks going to have the same effect... a total, total lockdown of 2 weeks would mean it dies out but shops will still be open, people still at work, etc.

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    In 10

Hexadecimal...

I'd be OK with 10 rotations of Venus.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
    So PC will be allowed out again in 16 days?
    In 10

Hexadecimal...

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    So PC will be allowed out again in 16 days?

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied

However there are number of minor graphics which you're also meant to look at and read. No wonder people are ignoring it

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Jhy 17 days? Well they got the Sage minutes and added on the missing time.
    Because haters and gonna hate and will undoubtedly complain about the solution whatever the gov announce. To deflect this they've thrown the moaners a bone so they can have a whinge about 17 days rather than any of the important facts. Pretty smart if you ask me.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
    There's going to be some lonely sheep!
    Nah.

One can still go for a nice long "walk" see, there's tidy then, boyo.

Leave a comment:

• David71
    replied
    Drakeford and his public sector, no chance of lay-offs, cronies are despised universally in Wales.

Unfortunately, the t...wits I call countrymen will never not vote Labour come election time.

...and before anyone says public sector workers can be made redundant.....not in Wales! There is a Welsh Gov policy that forbids compulsory redundancies so when they want to lay anyone off they have to keep increasing the redundancy offers to ridiculous amounts as the unions know they have the upper hand.

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    SONTT

Leave a comment:

Working...
X