• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Plan Z - making and selling tat for fun and profit"

Collapse

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by KinooOrKinog View Post
    Who the hell is paying 15 quid for four bags of chocolate buttons?? I thought everyone was meant to be skint?!

There is a reason they are skint! MF

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    No thanks. Chocolate and orange is an abomination.

Some kind of pervert not liking that mix!

Leave a comment:

• KinooOrKinog
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    No it's convenience.

Next day delivery, bundled sent to you home. A lot of them are sent as gifts. A lot go abroard, most are people who went to the shop and couldnt find any.

Take Chocolate Orange buttons. You cannot buy these anywhere now. They were in Tesco last month £1 a bag.
    I got mine for 85p after some discounts.

Pop four in a poly bag. Send to Amazon for next day / same day delivery. £14.99

4 X Dairy Milk Orange Buttons: Amazon.co.uk: Grocery

The price has come down now, as it's a marketplace, so now its £12.45. Software on laptop tells me that 200 sets of four have sold this month alone! £1000 profit on one line.

I'm just going to be shy of £500k in Sales for this year at 23% Net Margin. Bloody hard graft though :-)
    Who the hell is paying 15 quid for four bags of chocolate buttons?? I thought everyone was meant to be skint?!

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Take Chocolate Orange buttons.
    No thanks. Chocolate and orange is an abomination.

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    They could not find any because dirty spekulants like MF bought them

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Take Chocolate Orange buttons.
    Binned a bag of those the other day. Only wanted a bottle of water, but minimum purchase, nearest thing to grab.

Could've doubled my money.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    They could not find any because dirty spekulants like MF bought them

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post

But I guess to answer Andy's question, buyers are probably people who don't have easy access to such tasty tidbits?

No it's convenience.

Next day delivery, bundled sent to you home. A lot of them are sent as gifts. A lot go abroard, most are people who went to the shop and couldnt find any.

Take Chocolate Orange buttons. You cannot buy these anywhere now. They were in Tesco last month £1 a bag.
    I got mine for 85p after some discounts.

Pop four in a poly bag. Send to Amazon for next day / same day delivery. £14.99

4 X Dairy Milk Orange Buttons: Amazon.co.uk: Grocery

The price has come down now, as it's a marketplace, so now its £12.45. Software on laptop tells me that 200 sets of four have sold this month alone! £1000 profit on one line.

I'm just going to be shy of £500k in Sales for this year at 23% Net Margin. Bloody hard graft though :-)

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    ‘By May I'd made over GBP1,000’: teen entrepreneurs defy the Covid slump | Consumer affairs | The Guardian

Some young bastard stole my idea....

Leave a comment:

• DealorNoDeal
    replied
    Sell fake gold bars on eBay

The people bidding on this 1oz bar probably don't realise it's fake.

Current bid £620 - 1oz The Perth Mint Bullion Gold Bar 999.9 percent Fine Gold New And Sealed | eBay

(If it was real gold it would be over £1500)

There are loads of them for sale on eBay.

£245 - Perth Mint Australia 1oz Gold Bar 99.99 In Sealed Evident Case | eBay
    £511 - 1oz The Perth Mint Ebay Bullion Gold Bar 999.9 percent Fine Gold New And Sealed | eBay

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    How's the spanners collection coming along?

Got all the screwdrivers you could possibly need?

How about a nice air compressor?

An arc welder (inverter of course)?

Have they got around to mig & tig welders yet?
    Not screwdrivers but battery tools LIDL/ALDI have a great range. Electric Drill, SDS drill, Bench Sander, Bench Grinder Multitool, Planer etc.

Already had 2 compressors (long story) but they do a lovely wall mounted air hose so I can pump up anything in the Garden. Their Air tools are great so have loads of those.

clamps, squares, Japanese saws etc all good.

I bought a tree shredder for £50 very useful if you have a Eucalyptus or similar fast grower.

They do a 2 handed lopper I swear by (on 3rd one having worn out the other two we had a lot of trees to trim). Also a hand held battery sabre saw that is great.

Beer - Amber Adder is very nice.

Food I like tends to be weird stuff. There is so good chocolate if you are willing to try it.

Leave a comment:

• Paralytic
    replied
    Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
    I bought food and veg from aldi many times but it goes bad in 2-3 days. Only booze for me.
    Does it last longer, or have you not been able to find out yet?

Leave a comment:

• Andy2
    replied
    Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
    Think that's more of an Aldi thing and it's been tulip when I have bought any of it. Food and booze only from Lidl and Aldi.
    I bought food and veg from aldi many times but it goes bad in 2-3 days. Only booze for me.

Leave a comment:

• rootsnall
    replied
    Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    How's the spanners collection coming along?

Got all the screwdrivers you could possibly need?

How about a nice air compressor?

An arc welder (inverter of course)?

Have they got around to mig & tig welders yet?
    Think that's more of an Aldi thing and it's been tulip when I have bought any of it. Food and booze only from Lidl and Aldi.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X