• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Budget cancelled

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Budget cancelled"

Collapse

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    Think you'll find that in the new tory world, judicial scrutiny, parliamentary scrutiny and press scrutiny will all be legislated into history.
    So you'd like them to waste time drawing up a budget? We're still in the "pay for it now figure it out later" stage.

Good idea to cancel.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
    Everything is pointing towards a stagflationary future.
    Stagflation is fine provided the interest being charged on the government debt is fixed...

Leave a comment:

• heyya99
    replied
    Originally posted by heyya99 View Post
    I’m currently going through liquidation of my company with the distribution next month. Does this mean I’ll have escaped any mooted CGT changes? I need to know!
    The event must be held every year as the precursor to a finance bill, which sets out the government’s tax and spending priorities. That forced Sunak to hold a budget in March this year, just before the financial year ended on 5 April.

As coronavirus derails UK budget plans, what happens now? | UK news | The Guardian

That's annoying. I'd prefer to get it over with now.

Leave a comment:

• TwoWolves
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    First aim will be to inflate it away - only if that fails will tax be tried.
    Everything is pointing towards a stagflationary future.

Leave a comment:

• heyya99
    replied
    I’m currently going through liquidation of my company with the distribution next month. Does this mean I’ll have escaped any mooted CGT changes? I need to know!

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    All the kite flying was exaggerated, by definition, but taxes are only heading in one direction. Especially in Autumn 2021/April 2022. Dividend tax, capital gains tax, pension annual allowance and a bunch of stealth taxes and freezing of thresholds. They probably won’t break their manifesto, so the other stuff will need to do the heavy lifting.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
    Jobs, jobs, jobs may be the current priority but that will shortly become tax, tax, tax.

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Jobs, jobs, jobs may be the current priority but that will shortly become tax, tax, tax.

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Originally posted by Lance View Post
    Coronavirus: Autumn Budget to be scrapped this year - BBC News

Does that mean no IR35 in April or will there just be a finance bill and this is bollocks?
    Nah, that is already law. Last Finance Act.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Johnson has only managed one and that had to be delayed

Sent from my 5g carrier pigeon

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Originally posted by heyya99 View Post
    Isn't it mandatory to have 1 budget in a tax year? Or did I hear that wrong.
    Think you'll find that in the new tory world, judicial scrutiny, parliamentary scrutiny and press scrutiny will all be legislated into history.

Leave a comment:

• heyya99
    replied
    Originally posted by Lance View Post

Does that mean no IR35 in April or will there just be a finance bill and this is bollocks?
    Isn't it mandatory to have 1 budget in a tax year? Or did I hear that wrong.

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    started a topic Budget cancelled

Budget cancelled

Working...
X