• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "revisionism is well under way."

Collapse

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Hmm. If I banned people according to my standards, that'd leave no one. Including me. But what's drivel according to his usual standards - they do keep dropping, so eventually I'd be unable to ban anything.
    If he is indeed suffering from degenerative cretinism, then you need to make adjustments that take the degenerative nature of the affliction into account.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Under the Equality Act, you would need to make a reasonable adjustment for vetran. Essentially you could only ban him for what would be drivel in relation to his own usual standards.
    Hmm. If I banned people according to my standards, that'd leave no one. Including me. But what's drivel according to his usual standards - they do keep dropping, so eventually I'd be unable to ban anything.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    But you post so much, surely you're used to drivel? Perhaps I should ban drivel - or would that be censorship.

I just can't navigate this woke world anymore.
    Under the Equality Act, you would need to make a reasonable adjustment for vetran. Essentially you could only ban him for what would be drivel in relation to his own usual standards.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    no concession I just can't be bothered to reply to your drivel any more on this thread.
    But you post so much, surely you're used to drivel? Perhaps I should ban drivel - or would that be censorship.

I just can't navigate this woke world anymore.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Your obsession with my ass is noted.
    As is your inability to understand metaphors.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    That's how you're hiding your defeat.

Your obsession with my ass is noted.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    no concession I just can't be bothered to reply to your drivel any more on this thread.
    That's how you're hiding your defeat.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    I accept your concession. You win the usual prize - your arse on a plate.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Greg you seem to be at the bottom of the barrel careful you might bump into NAT & WTFH.
    I accept your concession. You win the usual prize - your arse on a plate.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    There are an uncountable number of facts, so it would be impossible to present all the facts. A museum has a mission statement and scope. I wouldn't expect the Shropshire County Museum to present facts about Essex or a Museum of Morris Dancing to present facts about traditional Australian Aboriginal dance. They would be "out of scope". Why wouldn't you accept a Museum of White Child Abusers that focuses on its mission statement and "scope"? They're not stopping someone else start a different museum. You either think it's fine to open this museum or you appear to be supporting what you refer to as "censorship".

Greg you seem to be at the bottom of the barrel careful you might bump into NAT & WTFH.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    No I would want it to present all the facts without prejudice. Wouldn't you?
    There are an uncountable number of facts, so it would be impossible to present all the facts. A museum has a mission statement and scope. I wouldn't expect the Shropshire County Museum to present facts about Essex or a Museum of Morris Dancing to present facts about traditional Australian Aboriginal dance. They would be "out of scope". Why wouldn't you accept a Museum of White Child Abusers that focuses on its mission statement and "scope"? They're not stopping someone else start a different museum. You either think it's fine to open this museum or you appear to be supporting what you refer to as "censorship".

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    So would you want the museum to censor the truth?
    No I would want it to present all the facts without prejudice. Wouldn't you?

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    I would object on the grounds it was racist just as I would if there was a museum of BAME child abuse.
    So would you want the museum to censor the truth?

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    And the Catholic church?

If you want an exhibit for them then why not, we can add witch finding, the inquisition, Aztec child sacrifice and the peri-pubescent marriages in Islam if you want.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    That's another story, that's not within the mission statement of this fictional museum.

You wouldn't object, would you, to a Museum of White Child Abusers, as long as it was telling the truth about White Child Abusers?

I would object on the grounds it was racist just as I would if there was a museum of BAME child abuse.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X